For many military veterans and their families, the transition from the military to civilian life is a complex undertaking; however, reports and personal accounts indicate that many military veterans have discovered that farming offers a place for employment, training and healing. The problem is there are few educational programs tailored to meet the particular needs and abilities of returning veterans. Read more (USDA blog).
Get Email Updates
- One week left for producers who suffered grazing losses to enroll in Livestock Forage Program (LFP) Deadline 1/30 http://t.co/f1S5zxbtXf 02:20PM - 23 Jan 2015
- Daily Market Rates effective 01/23/2015 http://t.co/Pt9swrT0AU 12:06PM - 23 Jan 2015
- Daily Market Rates effective 01/22/2015 http://t.co/CjDtx8ZGU0 12:04PM - 22 Jan 2015
- USDA Reminds Producers of Upcoming Livestock Disaster Assistance Deadline http://t.co/fqsWnYshpL 08:27PM - 21 Jan 2015
- USDA Reminds Producers of Upcoming Livestock Disaster Assistance Deadline: Release No. 0003.15 ... http://t.co/DZnZnmUOAF 08:13PM - 21 Jan 2015