For many military veterans and their families, the transition from the military to civilian life is a complex undertaking; however, reports and personal accounts indicate that many military veterans have discovered that farming offers a place for employment, training and healing. The problem is there are few educational programs tailored to meet the particular needs and abilities of returning veterans. Read more (USDA blog).
Get Email Updates
- USDA Extends Deadline for the Emergency Assistance for Livestock, Honeybees, and Farm-Raised Fish Program http://t.co/qnvTfAu8Oz 07:26PM - 31 Jul 2014
- USDA Extends Deadline for the Emergency Assistance for Livestock, Honeybees, and Farm-Raised Fish Program: Rel... http://t.co/1jMpzxJZCW 07:20PM - 31 Jul 2014
- One more day to have county committee nomination forms postmarked or rec'd in FSA county office by Aug. 1 deadline http://t.co/B7O4lTQIPN 03:46PM - 31 Jul 2014
- Daily Market Rates effective 07/31/2014 http://t.co/JYHM1ttz4o 11:13AM - 31 Jul 2014
- Daily Market Rates effective 07/30/2014 http://t.co/JYHM1ttz4o 11:22AM - 30 Jul 2014