For many military veterans and their families, the transition from the military to civilian life is a complex undertaking; however, reports and personal accounts indicate that many military veterans have discovered that farming offers a place for employment, training and healing. The problem is there are few educational programs tailored to meet the particular needs and abilities of returning veterans. Read more (USDA blog).
Get Email Updates
- Farmers and Ranchers Encouraged to Make Their Voices Heard http://t.co/Ptlqw0qsHq 04:26PM - 31 Oct 2014
- Farmers and Ranchers Encouraged to Make Their Voices Heard: Release No. 0171.14 Farmers... http://t.co/1Ft5C27bRk 04:22PM - 31 Oct 2014
- Farm Bill safety-net provisions require careful planning | Western Farm Press http://t.co/CKqVocHylI #farmbill #farmers #agchat 04:13PM - 31 Oct 2014
- Daily Market Rates effective 10/31/2014 http://t.co/HBhosek8U0 11:30AM - 31 Oct 2014
- Reminder: Producers should sign up for ELAP before the Nov. 1 deadline http://t.co/eGZTcMKdaa #farmers #agchat 11:44AM - 30 Oct 2014