For many military veterans and their families, the transition from the military to civilian life is a complex undertaking; however, reports and personal accounts indicate that many military veterans have discovered that farming offers a place for employment, training and healing. The problem is there are few educational programs tailored to meet the particular needs and abilities of returning veterans. Read more (USDA blog).
Get Email Updates
- Monday is last day for #farmers who lost fruit crops to frost/freeze to enroll in NAP & rec'v assistance http://t.co/8ZzqEaQxq6 12:45PM - 19 Sep 2014
- Daily Market Rates effective 09/19/2014 http://t.co/HBhosek8U0 11:17AM - 19 Sep 2014
- Daily Market Rates effective 09/18/2014 http://t.co/HBhosek8U0 11:11AM - 18 Sep 2014
- USDA Announces Additional Support for Citrus Growers Impacted by HLB http://t.co/skKPDSg1yt 09:27PM - 17 Sep 2014
- Two weeks left for producers to enroll in disaster assistance prgm to avoid reduction in amt of assistance rec'd http://t.co/Etcipo0Tb9 09:15PM - 17 Sep 2014