Crop and livestock producers have additional help to reduce the impacts of drought and improve soil health and productivity. Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack announced $11.8 million in additional financial and technical assistance to aid producers in 22 states. The funds will be used to help producers apply conservation practices that assist during disasters such as the recent drought. “As this drought continues to impact American farming and ranching families, USDA will be there to help our agriculture sector recover,” said Vilsack. Learn more.
Get Email Updates
- RT @usda: ICYMI: Yesterday USDA released 2014 Farm Bill highlights. See a side-by-side of the before & after here http://t.co/oL4JYUyioz 03:27PM - 7 Mar 2014
- Daily Market Rates effective 03/07/2014 http://t.co/JYHM1ttz4o 12:06PM - 7 Mar 2014
- Livestock Producers Affected by Severe Weather Urged to Keep Good Records http://t.co/4dhPCQT8yb 08:26PM - 6 Mar 2014
- Livestock Producers Affected by Severe Weather Urged to Keep Good Records: Release 0039.14 ... http://t.co/PLg2eY3bGO 07:53PM - 6 Mar 2014
- RT @usda: The #budget recognizes fiscal realities by supporting USDA’s efforts to modernize the way we do business http://t.co/OSaqeX1iTn 03:04PM - 6 Mar 2014