Crop and livestock producers have additional help to reduce the impacts of drought and improve soil health and productivity. Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack announced $11.8 million in additional financial and technical assistance to aid producers in 22 states. The funds will be used to help producers apply conservation practices that assist during disasters such as the recent drought. “As this drought continues to impact American farming and ranching families, USDA will be there to help our agriculture sector recover,” said Vilsack. Learn more.
Get Email Updates
- @USDA Updates Multi-Year Strategic Sustainability Performance Plan http://t.co/FGWZy5RjN7 08:45PM - 5 Dec 2013
- MT @usda: #Conservation practices prevent millions of tons of soil erosion yearly while reducing harmful runoff http://t.co/wQax8KTQO2 07:50PM - 5 Dec 2013
- South Carolina StrikeForce Meeting Reaches More Than 100 Producers http://t.co/CogsXbEuLh 07:32PM - 5 Dec 2013
- Daily Market Rates effective 12/05/2013 http://t.co/HBhosek8U0 12:17PM - 5 Dec 2013
- Daily Market Rates effective 12/04/2013 http://t.co/HBhosek8U0 12:08PM - 4 Dec 2013