Hispanic and women farmers and ranchers who feel they have been discriminated against by the USDA in past decades can file claims from Sept. 24, 2012 through March 25, 2013. The opening of this claims process is part of USDA’s ongoing efforts to correct the wrongs of the past and ensure fair treatment to all current and future customers,” said Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack. The process offers a voluntary alternative to litigation for each Hispanic or female farmer and rancher who can prove that USDA denied their applications for loan or loan servicing assistance for discriminatory reasons for certain time periods between 1981 and 2000. At least $1.33 billion in cash awards and tax relief payments are available along with up to $160 million in farm debt relief to eligible Hispanic and women farmers and ranchers. Learn more.
Get Email Updates
- Check out the FSA Impacts Report for USDA-FSA accomplishments in fiscal year 2015 https://t.co/3DLaWrJ6WM 07:21PM - 9 Feb 2016
- Daily Market Rates effective 02/09/2016 https://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 12:06PM - 9 Feb 2016
- Daily Market Rates effective 02/08/2016 https://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 12:06PM - 8 Feb 2016
- Daily Market Rates effective 02/05/2016 https://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 12:16PM - 5 Feb 2016
- Daily Market Rates effective 02/04/2016 https://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 12:18PM - 4 Feb 2016