The Farm Service Agency is sponsoring an “Access to Capital” symposium for veterans interested in farming. “This is an opportunity for veterans to get information and learn about a variety of capital resources to help finance start-up operations or help farmers and ranchers with military backgrounds expand their current operations,” said Deputy Undersecretary for Farm and Foreign Agricultural Services Karis Gutter, a U.S. Marine Corps reserve veteran. The event — held Oct. 10 at West Virginia University in Kearneysville, W.Va. — will provide veterans who have an interest in agricultural with financial and business planning information. Presentations will be given on various loan and grant programs available to start or improve agricultural operations, including FSA farm loan programs and the proposed microloan program. Email Rob Haughton, Ross Erickson or call 530-756-1395 to attend.
Get Email Updates
- Grant Opportunity: Outreach & Assistance for Socially Disadvantaged Farmers & Ranchers & Veteran Farmers & Ranchers http://t.co/tMOckD1Uru 01:31PM - 29 Jul 2014
- Daily Market Rates effective 07/29/2014 http://t.co/JYHM1ttz4o 11:18AM - 29 Jul 2014
- Grant Opportunity: Outreach & Assistance for Socially Disadvantaged Farmers & Ranchers & Veteran Farmers & Ranchers http://t.co/LeOcF5792x 02:20PM - 28 Jul 2014
- Daily Market Rates effective 07/28/2014 http://t.co/JYHM1ttz4o 11:12AM - 28 Jul 2014
- One more week to get your FSA County Committee nomination form in before the Aug. 1 deadline http://t.co/yB60UK6Ge2 04:45PM - 25 Jul 2014