The Farm Service Agency is sponsoring an “Access to Capital” symposium for veterans interested in farming. “This is an opportunity for veterans to get information and learn about a variety of capital resources to help finance start-up operations or help farmers and ranchers with military backgrounds expand their current operations,” said Deputy Undersecretary for Farm and Foreign Agricultural Services Karis Gutter, a U.S. Marine Corps reserve veteran. The event — held Oct. 10 at West Virginia University in Kearneysville, W.Va. — will provide veterans who have an interest in agricultural with financial and business planning information. Presentations will be given on various loan and grant programs available to start or improve agricultural operations, including FSA farm loan programs and the proposed microloan program. Email Rob Haughton, Ross Erickson or call 530-756-1395 to attend.
Get Email Updates
- Daily Market Rates effective 03/07/2014 http://t.co/JYHM1ttz4o 12:06PM - 7 Mar 2014
- Livestock Producers Affected by Severe Weather Urged to Keep Good Records http://t.co/4dhPCQT8yb 08:26PM - 6 Mar 2014
- Livestock Producers Affected by Severe Weather Urged to Keep Good Records: Release 0039.14 ... http://t.co/PLg2eY3bGO 07:53PM - 6 Mar 2014
- RT @usda: The #budget recognizes fiscal realities by supporting USDA’s efforts to modernize the way we do business http://t.co/OSaqeX1iTn 03:04PM - 6 Mar 2014
- RT @usda: SecVilsack outlined #MyFarmBill implementation priorities to stakeholders http://t.co/umDALRhg7I Learn more http://t.co/bPKjSsdaLm 02:15PM - 6 Mar 2014