The Farm Service Agency is sponsoring an “Access to Capital” symposium for veterans interested in farming. “This is an opportunity for veterans to get information and learn about a variety of capital resources to help finance start-up operations or help farmers and ranchers with military backgrounds expand their current operations,” said Deputy Undersecretary for Farm and Foreign Agricultural Services Karis Gutter, a U.S. Marine Corps reserve veteran. The event — held Oct. 10 at West Virginia University in Kearneysville, W.Va. — will provide veterans who have an interest in agricultural with financial and business planning information. Presentations will be given on various loan and grant programs available to start or improve agricultural operations, including FSA farm loan programs and the proposed microloan program. Email Rob Haughton, Ross Erickson or call 530-756-1395 to attend.
Get Email Updates
- Daily Market Rates effective 09/18/2014 http://t.co/HBhosek8U0 11:11AM - 18 Sep 2014
- USDA Announces Additional Support for Citrus Growers Impacted by HLB http://t.co/skKPDSg1yt 09:27PM - 17 Sep 2014
- Two weeks left for producers to enroll in disaster assistance prgm to avoid reduction in amt of assistance rec'd http://t.co/Etcipo0Tb9 09:15PM - 17 Sep 2014
- USDA Announces Additional Support for Citrus Growers Impacted by HLB: Release 0201.14 ... http://t.co/1N3nb5t4KV 09:01PM - 17 Sep 2014
- Two weeks left for producers to enroll in disaster assistance prgm to avoid reduction in amt of assistance rec'd http://t.co/0c1qyD6aR6 01:31PM - 17 Sep 2014