The Farm Service Agency is sponsoring an “Access to Capital” symposium for veterans interested in farming. “This is an opportunity for veterans to get information and learn about a variety of capital resources to help finance start-up operations or help farmers and ranchers with military backgrounds expand their current operations,” said Deputy Undersecretary for Farm and Foreign Agricultural Services Karis Gutter, a U.S. Marine Corps reserve veteran. The event — held Oct. 10 at West Virginia University in Kearneysville, W.Va. — will provide veterans who have an interest in agricultural with financial and business planning information. Presentations will be given on various loan and grant programs available to start or improve agricultural operations, including FSA farm loan programs and the proposed microloan program. Email Rob Haughton, Ross Erickson or call 530-756-1395 to attend.
Get Email Updates
- Landowner Reduces Erosion and Enhances Wildlife Habitat in Mississippi Delta #CRPis30 http://t.co/vw5h9X9XQf 10:04PM - 27 Aug 2015
- Daily Market Rates effective 08/27/2015 http://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:21AM - 27 Aug 2015
- Daily Market Rates effective 08/26/2015 http://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:13AM - 26 Aug 2015
- Kentucky Farmer Seizes Opportunity to Put Down Roots of His Own #newfarmers http://t.co/yeYTrEMhgz 09:59PM - 25 Aug 2015
- Daily Market Rates effective 08/25/2015 http://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:02AM - 25 Aug 2015