The Farm Service Agency is sponsoring an “Access to Capital” symposium for veterans interested in farming. “This is an opportunity for veterans to get information and learn about a variety of capital resources to help finance start-up operations or help farmers and ranchers with military backgrounds expand their current operations,” said Deputy Undersecretary for Farm and Foreign Agricultural Services Karis Gutter, a U.S. Marine Corps reserve veteran. The event — held Oct. 10 at West Virginia University in Kearneysville, W.Va. — will provide veterans who have an interest in agricultural with financial and business planning information. Presentations will be given on various loan and grant programs available to start or improve agricultural operations, including FSA farm loan programs and the proposed microloan program. Email Rob Haughton, Ross Erickson or call 530-756-1395 to attend.
Get Email Updates
- RT @usda: TODAY the @WhiteHouse Rural Council announced a $10B private fund for rural infrastructure improvements → http://t.co/0wf3qi7jJh 05:06PM - 24 Jul 2014
- RT @usda: The WH Rural Council is helping spark investment & create jobs in rural America → http://t.co/ZN5MrR7kxG http://t.co/X1saf0NNIj 05:05PM - 24 Jul 2014
- Daily Market Rates effective 07/24/2014 http://t.co/JYHM1ttz4o 11:09AM - 24 Jul 2014
- USDA Selects 36 Energy Facilities to Accept Biomass Deliveries http://t.co/F1yEjiQtJp 11:28PM - 23 Jul 2014
- USDA Selects 36 Energy Facilities to Accept Biomass Deliveries: Release 0157.14 ... http://t.co/AzFP98t6it 06:08PM - 23 Jul 2014