The Farm Service Agency is sponsoring an “Access to Capital” symposium for veterans interested in farming. “This is an opportunity for veterans to get information and learn about a variety of capital resources to help finance start-up operations or help farmers and ranchers with military backgrounds expand their current operations,” said Deputy Undersecretary for Farm and Foreign Agricultural Services Karis Gutter, a U.S. Marine Corps reserve veteran. The event — held Oct. 10 at West Virginia University in Kearneysville, W.Va. — will provide veterans who have an interest in agricultural with financial and business planning information. Presentations will be given on various loan and grant programs available to start or improve agricultural operations, including FSA farm loan programs and the proposed microloan program. Email Rob Haughton, Ross Erickson or call 530-756-1395 to attend.
Get Email Updates
- @USDA to Launch New Farm Bill Program to Help Provide Relief to #Farmers Affected by Severe Weather http://t.co/mLFAXHXoYO 06:32PM - 21 Oct 2014
- Daily Market Rates effective 10/21/2014 http://t.co/HBhosek8U0 11:11AM - 21 Oct 2014
- Daily Market Rates effective 10/20/2014 http://t.co/HBhosek8U0 11:07AM - 20 Oct 2014
- RT @PFBKristina: @usdafsa Admin Val Dolcini and PA State Exec Director Bill Wehry visited @PAFarmBureau today. http://t.co/7oAMcSJCX1 11:08AM - 17 Oct 2014
- #FSA Loan Gives Boost to New Farmers - Get 'into the dirt': More young people start farms http://t.co/acDc9G2bjf 11:07AM - 17 Oct 2014