The Farm Service Agency is sponsoring an “Access to Capital” symposium for veterans interested in farming. “This is an opportunity for veterans to get information and learn about a variety of capital resources to help finance start-up operations or help farmers and ranchers with military backgrounds expand their current operations,” said Deputy Undersecretary for Farm and Foreign Agricultural Services Karis Gutter, a U.S. Marine Corps reserve veteran. The event — held Oct. 10 at West Virginia University in Kearneysville, W.Va. — will provide veterans who have an interest in agricultural with financial and business planning information. Presentations will be given on various loan and grant programs available to start or improve agricultural operations, including FSA farm loan programs and the proposed microloan program. Email Rob Haughton, Ross Erickson or call 530-756-1395 to attend.
Get Email Updates
- Nebraska siblings use FSA youth loan to start honeybee operation https://t.co/NuqSPWRAZi 08:41PM - 29 Apr 2016
- New Mexico brothers share FSA youth loan, don't hog competition spotlight https://t.co/nYX4e63Iqp 04:39PM - 29 Apr 2016
- USDA Offers New Loans for Portable Farm Storage and Handling Equipment https://t.co/vO8HgXELfM 03:27PM - 29 Apr 2016
- Daily Market Rates effective 04/29/2016 https://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:05AM - 29 Apr 2016
- Young Farmer Starts Strong with FSA Farm Loans https://t.co/lvHyd73D7T 07:48PM - 28 Apr 2016