The Farm Service Agency is sponsoring an “Access to Capital” symposium for veterans interested in farming. “This is an opportunity for veterans to get information and learn about a variety of capital resources to help finance start-up operations or help farmers and ranchers with military backgrounds expand their current operations,” said Deputy Undersecretary for Farm and Foreign Agricultural Services Karis Gutter, a U.S. Marine Corps reserve veteran. The event — held Oct. 10 at West Virginia University in Kearneysville, W.Va. — will provide veterans who have an interest in agricultural with financial and business planning information. Presentations will be given on various loan and grant programs available to start or improve agricultural operations, including FSA farm loan programs and the proposed microloan program. Email Rob Haughton, Ross Erickson or call 530-756-1395 to attend.
Get Email Updates
- Reminder: Applications for Conservation Stewardship Program due Jan. 17 http://t.co/Ydyrj4Aaw5 @USDA_NASS 08:08PM - 9 Dec 2013
- Daily Market Rates effective 12/09/2013 http://t.co/HBhosek8U0 12:23PM - 9 Dec 2013
- Report Shows #FarmBill Conservation Practices Reduce Runoff of Nutrients, Sediment in Chesapeake Bay Watershed http://t.co/eJSaXxeqqI 02:10PM - 6 Dec 2013
- Daily Market Rates effective 12/06/2013 http://t.co/HBhosek8U0 12:06PM - 6 Dec 2013
- @USDA Updates Multi-Year Strategic Sustainability Performance Plan http://t.co/FGWZy5RjN7 08:45PM - 5 Dec 2013