More than $3.5 billion in organic commodities were sold in the United States in 2011, according to a survey by the USDA National Agricultural Statistics Service. Based on the 2011 Certified Organic Production Survey, corn led organic field crops in sales, accounting for more than $101.5 million. Organically raised livestock accounted for $1.31 billion in sales. Leading livestock commodities last year was organic milk, which accounted for $765 million in sales. View the survey.
Get Email Updates
- USDA Announces No Actions Under Feedstock Flexibility Program: Release No. 0033.15 ... http://t.co/f2s0vQ3ChN 08:06PM - 27 Mar 2015
- USDA Announces No Actions Under Feedstock Flexibility Program http://t.co/cRM2VVDSNP 07:27PM - 27 Mar 2015
- USDA Extends ARC and PLC Deadlines: Release No. 0076.15 USDA Extends ARC and PL... http://t.co/PeKAEH2ogq 04:34PM - 27 Mar 2015
- USDA Extends ARC and PLC Deadlines http://t.co/am6suzM1uC 04:26PM - 27 Mar 2015
- Daily Market Rates effective 03/27/2015 http://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:16AM - 27 Mar 2015