More than $3.5 billion in organic commodities were sold in the United States in 2011, according to a survey by the USDA National Agricultural Statistics Service. Based on the 2011 Certified Organic Production Survey, corn led organic field crops in sales, accounting for more than $101.5 million. Organically raised livestock accounted for $1.31 billion in sales. Leading livestock commodities last year was organic milk, which accounted for $765 million in sales. View the survey.
Get Email Updates
- Daily Market Rates effective 07/31/2015 http://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:26AM - 31 Jul 2015
- Daily Market Rates effective 07/30/2015 http://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:17AM - 30 Jul 2015
- Daily Market Rates effective 07/29/2015 http://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:17AM - 29 Jul 2015
- Daily Market Rates effective 07/28/2015 http://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:11AM - 28 Jul 2015
- Microloan Sets Stage for School Counselor to Retire to Family Ranching Operation in Southwest Georgia http://t.co/K1JuH9e2y7 08:37PM - 27 Jul 2015