More than $3.5 billion in organic commodities were sold in the United States in 2011, according to a survey by the USDA National Agricultural Statistics Service. Based on the 2011 Certified Organic Production Survey, corn led organic field crops in sales, accounting for more than $101.5 million. Organically raised livestock accounted for $1.31 billion in sales. Leading livestock commodities last year was organic milk, which accounted for $765 million in sales. View the survey.
Get Email Updates
- Grant Opportunity: Outreach & Assistance for Socially Disadvantaged Farmers & Ranchers & Veteran Farmers & Ranchers http://t.co/tMOckD1Uru 01:31PM - 29 Jul 2014
- Daily Market Rates effective 07/29/2014 http://t.co/JYHM1ttz4o 11:18AM - 29 Jul 2014
- Grant Opportunity: Outreach & Assistance for Socially Disadvantaged Farmers & Ranchers & Veteran Farmers & Ranchers http://t.co/LeOcF5792x 02:20PM - 28 Jul 2014
- Daily Market Rates effective 07/28/2014 http://t.co/JYHM1ttz4o 11:12AM - 28 Jul 2014
- One more week to get your FSA County Committee nomination form in before the Aug. 1 deadline http://t.co/yB60UK6Ge2 04:45PM - 25 Jul 2014