More than $3.5 billion in organic commodities were sold in the United States in 2011, according to a survey by the USDA National Agricultural Statistics Service. Based on the 2011 Certified Organic Production Survey, corn led organic field crops in sales, accounting for more than $101.5 million. Organically raised livestock accounted for $1.31 billion in sales. Leading livestock commodities last year was organic milk, which accounted for $765 million in sales. View the survey.
Get Email Updates
- USDA Expands Grasslands Conservation Program to Small-Scale Livestock Producers https://t.co/umgtV2Bvva 05:26PM - 13 Jan 2017
- Daily Market Rates effective 1/13/2017 https://t.co/CjDtx88TvO 12:06PM - 13 Jan 2017
- USDA Announces Farm Service Agency Cooperative Agreements https://t.co/PqeNW7ZmjR 06:26PM - 12 Jan 2017
- Daily Market Rates effective 1/12/2017 https://t.co/CjDtx88TvO 12:22PM - 12 Jan 2017
- USDA’s Farm Service Agency Expands Bridges to Opportunity Nationwide https://t.co/GdmtFrPdlY 03:25PM - 11 Jan 2017