More than $3.5 billion in organic commodities were sold in the United States in 2011, according to a survey by the USDA National Agricultural Statistics Service. Based on the 2011 Certified Organic Production Survey, corn led organic field crops in sales, accounting for more than $101.5 million. Organically raised livestock accounted for $1.31 billion in sales. Leading livestock commodities last year was organic milk, which accounted for $765 million in sales. View the survey.
Get Email Updates
- Daily Market Rates effective 12/19/2014 http://t.co/Pt9swrT0AU 12:16PM - 19 Dec 2014
- Tomorrow is last day for #dairy #farmers to apply for Dairy Margin Protection Program http://t.co/gTPqFQwIOe 02:31PM - 18 Dec 2014
- Daily Market Rates effective 12/18/2014 http://t.co/Pt9swrT0AU 12:19PM - 18 Dec 2014
- Daily Market Rates effective 12/17/2014 http://t.co/Pt9swrT0AU 12:11PM - 17 Dec 2014
- USDA Improves Forest Health by Harvesting Biomass for Energy: USDA Improves Forest Health by Harvesting Biomas... http://t.co/OVnGaudfoX 08:57PM - 16 Dec 2014