More than $3.5 billion in organic commodities were sold in the United States in 2011, according to a survey by the USDA National Agricultural Statistics Service. Based on the 2011 Certified Organic Production Survey, corn led organic field crops in sales, accounting for more than $101.5 million. Organically raised livestock accounted for $1.31 billion in sales. Leading livestock commodities last year was organic milk, which accounted for $765 million in sales. View the survey.
Get Email Updates
- USDA Announces Loan Rates for Wheat, Feed Grains and Oilseeds: USDA Announces Loan Rates for Wheat, Feed Grain... http://t.co/iq4Fqhd6pn 05:42PM - 17 Apr 2015
- USDA Announces Loan Rates for Wheat, Feed Grains and Oilseeds http://t.co/wfU3ObYFI3 05:26PM - 17 Apr 2015
- Daily Market Rates effective 04/17/2015 http://t.co/CjDtx88TvO 11:06AM - 17 Apr 2015
- USDA Reminds Farmers to Certify Conservation Compliance by June 1 Deadline: Release 0099.15 ... http://t.co/NXyEAqdmCv 09:20PM - 16 Apr 2015
- USDA Reminds Farmers to Certify Conservation Compliance by June 1 Deadline http://t.co/i9qVuH4TAi 08:26PM - 16 Apr 2015