More than $3.5 billion in organic commodities were sold in the United States in 2011, according to a survey by the USDA National Agricultural Statistics Service. Based on the 2011 Certified Organic Production Survey, corn led organic field crops in sales, accounting for more than $101.5 million. Organically raised livestock accounted for $1.31 billion in sales. Leading livestock commodities last year was organic milk, which accounted for $765 million in sales. View the survey.
Get Email Updates
- Daily Market Rates effective 06/24/2016 https://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:02AM - 24 Jun 2016
- During National Pollinator Week, USDA Announces Key https://t.co/DZQjTfs1qy 04:33PM - 23 Jun 2016
- Daily Market Rates effective 06/23/2016 https://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:14AM - 23 Jun 2016
- Daily Market Rates effective 06/22/2016 https://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:13AM - 22 Jun 2016
- Daily Market Rates effective 06/21/2016 https://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:06AM - 21 Jun 2016