More than $3.5 billion in organic commodities were sold in the United States in 2011, according to a survey by the USDA National Agricultural Statistics Service. Based on the 2011 Certified Organic Production Survey, corn led organic field crops in sales, accounting for more than $101.5 million. Organically raised livestock accounted for $1.31 billion in sales. Leading livestock commodities last year was organic milk, which accounted for $765 million in sales. View the survey.
Get Email Updates
- Daily Market Rates effective 02/05/2016 https://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 12:16PM - 5 Feb 2016
- Daily Market Rates effective 02/04/2016 https://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 12:18PM - 4 Feb 2016
- USDA To Offer Certificates for Farm Commodities Pledged to Marketing Loans https://t.co/rDnZMhRueT 08:27PM - 3 Feb 2016
- Daily Market Rates effective 02/03/2016 https://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 12:11PM - 3 Feb 2016
- Daily Market Rates effective 02/02/2016 https://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 12:11PM - 2 Feb 2016