More than $3.5 billion in organic commodities were sold in the United States in 2011, according to a survey by the USDA National Agricultural Statistics Service. Based on the 2011 Certified Organic Production Survey, corn led organic field crops in sales, accounting for more than $101.5 million. Organically raised livestock accounted for $1.31 billion in sales. Leading livestock commodities last year was organic milk, which accounted for $765 million in sales. View the survey.
Get Email Updates
- Daily Market Rates effective 05/26/2015 http://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:02AM - 26 May 2015
- Daily Market Rates effective 05/22/2015 http://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:22AM - 22 May 2015
- USDA Reminds Farmers to Certify Conservation Compliance by June 1 Deadline: Release 0144.15 ... http://t.co/xRxN2sj7xn 05:38PM - 21 May 2015
- USDA Reminds Farmers to Certify Conservation Compliance by June 1 Deadline https://t.co/rSs12sX6TB 05:28PM - 21 May 2015
- Daily Market Rates effective 05/21/2015 http://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:05AM - 21 May 2015