More than $3.5 billion in organic commodities were sold in the United States in 2011, according to a survey by the USDA National Agricultural Statistics Service. Based on the 2011 Certified Organic Production Survey, corn led organic field crops in sales, accounting for more than $101.5 million. Organically raised livestock accounted for $1.31 billion in sales. Leading livestock commodities last year was organic milk, which accounted for $765 million in sales. View the survey.
Get Email Updates
- Daily Market Rates effective 08/25/2016 https://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:06AM - 25 Aug 2016
- FSA Administrator Val Dolcini visits with Jen Becker, Owner of a Community Supported Ag farm in North Pole, AK https://t.co/ytZrnK1CfN 08:29PM - 24 Aug 2016
- Daily Market Rates effective 08/24/2016 https://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:16AM - 24 Aug 2016
- USDA to Purchase Surplus Cheese for Food Banks and Families in Need, Continue to Assist Dairy Producers https://t.co/c6Dpf1joqI 08:34PM - 23 Aug 2016
- Daily Market Rates effective 08/23/2016 https://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:05AM - 23 Aug 2016