More than $3.5 billion in organic commodities were sold in the United States in 2011, according to a survey by the USDA National Agricultural Statistics Service. Based on the 2011 Certified Organic Production Survey, corn led organic field crops in sales, accounting for more than $101.5 million. Organically raised livestock accounted for $1.31 billion in sales. Leading livestock commodities last year was organic milk, which accounted for $765 million in sales. View the survey.
Get Email Updates
- One week left to submit ballots for 2014 #FSA county committee elections. Deadline is Dec. 1 http://t.co/BV1pHvfcYO 02:05PM - 24 Nov 2014
- #Dairy farmers have one week to apply for Dairy Margin Protection Program. Deadline is Dec. 5. http://t.co/8b8EffpDh5 #rancher 01:45PM - 24 Nov 2014
- Daily Market Rates effective 11/24/2014 http://t.co/Pt9swrT0AU 12:04PM - 24 Nov 2014
- Reminder: Deadline for @USDA Dairy Margin Protection Program extended to Dec. 5. http://t.co/PEu5VjX9i7 #dairy #rancher #farmer 05:20PM - 21 Nov 2014
- Daily Market Rates effective 11/21/2014 http://t.co/Pt9swrT0AU 12:04PM - 21 Nov 2014