More than $3.5 billion in organic commodities were sold in the United States in 2011, according to a survey by the USDA National Agricultural Statistics Service. Based on the 2011 Certified Organic Production Survey, corn led organic field crops in sales, accounting for more than $101.5 million. Organically raised livestock accounted for $1.31 billion in sales. Leading livestock commodities last year was organic milk, which accounted for $765 million in sales. View the survey.
Get Email Updates
- Daily Market Rates effective 09/28/2016 https://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:36AM - 28 Sep 2016
- Daily Market Rates effective 09/27/2016 https://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:21AM - 27 Sep 2016
- Daily Market Rates effective 09/26/2016 https://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:16AM - 26 Sep 2016
- USDA Announces Fiscal Year 2017 Sugar Loan Rates, Allotment and Marketing Allocations https://t.co/RGAWGIN8RK 07:28PM - 23 Sep 2016
- Daily Market Rates effective 09/23/2016 https://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:21AM - 23 Sep 2016