More than $3.5 billion in organic commodities were sold in the United States in 2011, according to a survey by the USDA National Agricultural Statistics Service. Based on the 2011 Certified Organic Production Survey, corn led organic field crops in sales, accounting for more than $101.5 million. Organically raised livestock accounted for $1.31 billion in sales. Leading livestock commodities last year was organic milk, which accounted for $765 million in sales. View the survey.
Get Email Updates
- Daily Market Rates effective 05/06/2016 https://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:11AM - 6 May 2016
- USDA Announces Conservation Reserve Program Results https://t.co/o8bQzQfGi6 04:26PM - 5 May 2016
- Daily Market Rates effective 05/05/2016 https://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:06AM - 5 May 2016
- Daily Market Rates effective 05/04/2016 https://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:11AM - 4 May 2016
- Daily Market Rates effective 05/03/2016 https://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:11AM - 3 May 2016