More than $3.5 billion in organic commodities were sold in the United States in 2011, according to a survey by the USDA National Agricultural Statistics Service. Based on the 2011 Certified Organic Production Survey, corn led organic field crops in sales, accounting for more than $101.5 million. Organically raised livestock accounted for $1.31 billion in sales. Leading livestock commodities last year was organic milk, which accounted for $765 million in sales. View the survey.
Get Email Updates
- Livestock producers should enroll in disaster assistance prgm by Oct. 1 to avoid reduction in amt of assistance rec'd http://t.co/0c1qyD6aR6 09:15PM - 12 Sep 2014
- Daily Market Rates effective 09/12/2014 http://t.co/HBhosek8U0 11:09AM - 12 Sep 2014
- Daily Market Rates effective 09/11/2014 http://t.co/HBhosek8U0 11:21AM - 11 Sep 2014
- Daily Market Rates effective 09/10/2014 http://t.co/HBhosek8U0 11:06AM - 10 Sep 2014
- Daily Market Rates effective 09/09/2014 http://t.co/HBhosek8U0 11:06AM - 9 Sep 2014