More than $3.5 billion in organic commodities were sold in the United States in 2011, according to a survey by the USDA National Agricultural Statistics Service. Based on the 2011 Certified Organic Production Survey, corn led organic field crops in sales, accounting for more than $101.5 million. Organically raised livestock accounted for $1.31 billion in sales. Leading livestock commodities last year was organic milk, which accounted for $765 million in sales. View the survey.
Get Email Updates
- Daily Market Rates effective 01/26/2015 http://t.co/Pt9swrT0AU 12:21PM - 26 Jan 2015
- One week left for producers who suffered grazing losses to enroll in Livestock Forage Program (LFP) Deadline 1/30 http://t.co/f1S5zxbtXf 02:20PM - 23 Jan 2015
- Daily Market Rates effective 01/23/2015 http://t.co/Pt9swrT0AU 12:06PM - 23 Jan 2015
- Daily Market Rates effective 01/22/2015 http://t.co/CjDtx8ZGU0 12:04PM - 22 Jan 2015
- USDA Reminds Producers of Upcoming Livestock Disaster Assistance Deadline http://t.co/fqsWnYshpL 08:27PM - 21 Jan 2015