More than $3.5 billion in organic commodities were sold in the United States in 2011, according to a survey by the USDA National Agricultural Statistics Service. Based on the 2011 Certified Organic Production Survey, corn led organic field crops in sales, accounting for more than $101.5 million. Organically raised livestock accounted for $1.31 billion in sales. Leading livestock commodities last year was organic milk, which accounted for $765 million in sales. View the survey.
Get Email Updates
- Daily Market Rates effective 08/31/2015 http://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:05AM - 31 Aug 2015
- Cane and Beet Sugar Reassignments Announced https://t.co/ZG91AGm5bU 09:27PM - 28 Aug 2015
- Cane and Beet Sugar Reassignments Announced: Cane and Beet Sugar Reassignments Announced No Actions will ... http://t.co/hEY1yxofEx 09:07PM - 28 Aug 2015
- Daily Market Rates effective 08/28/2015 http://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:17AM - 28 Aug 2015
- Landowner Reduces Erosion and Enhances Wildlife Habitat in Mississippi Delta #CRPis30 http://t.co/vw5h9X9XQf 10:04PM - 27 Aug 2015