More than $3.5 billion in organic commodities were sold in the United States in 2011, according to a survey by the USDA National Agricultural Statistics Service. Based on the 2011 Certified Organic Production Survey, corn led organic field crops in sales, accounting for more than $101.5 million. Organically raised livestock accounted for $1.31 billion in sales. Leading livestock commodities last year was organic milk, which accounted for $765 million in sales. View the survey.
Get Email Updates
- USDA Extends Deadline for Recording Farm Structure https://t.co/2MPF309JhY 05:36PM - 27 May 2016
- Daily Market Rates effective 05/27/2016 https://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:12AM - 27 May 2016
- Thirty Years of CRP on Display in Ripley County, IN #CRPis30 https://t.co/t2s93hHfoV 05:33PM - 26 May 2016
- Daily Market Rates effective 05/26/2016 https://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:21AM - 26 May 2016
- Daily Market Rates effective 05/25/2016 https://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:21AM - 25 May 2016