More than $3.5 billion in organic commodities were sold in the United States in 2011, according to a survey by the USDA National Agricultural Statistics Service. Based on the 2011 Certified Organic Production Survey, corn led organic field crops in sales, accounting for more than $101.5 million. Organically raised livestock accounted for $1.31 billion in sales. Leading livestock commodities last year was organic milk, which accounted for $765 million in sales. View the survey.
Get Email Updates
- Daily Market Rates effective 04/17/2014 http://t.co/JYHM1ttz4o 11:06AM - 17 Apr 2014
- Daily Market Rates effective 04/16/2014 http://t.co/JYHM1ttz4o 11:12AM - 16 Apr 2014
- USDA Announces 2014 Cotton Loan Rate Differentials http://t.co/1BNeryzEFc 06:26PM - 15 Apr 2014
- USDA Announces 2014 Cotton Loan Rate Differentials: Release 0064.14 USDA Announ... http://t.co/b7ZG8UUWr1 05:39PM - 15 Apr 2014
- Sign-Up Begins Today for USDA Disaster Assistance Programs Restored by Farm Bill: Release 0060.14 ... http://t.co/M9gqtT2GI0 05:39PM - 15 Apr 2014