More than $3.5 billion in organic commodities were sold in the United States in 2011, according to a survey by the USDA National Agricultural Statistics Service. Based on the 2011 Certified Organic Production Survey, corn led organic field crops in sales, accounting for more than $101.5 million. Organically raised livestock accounted for $1.31 billion in sales. Leading livestock commodities last year was organic milk, which accounted for $765 million in sales. View the survey.
Get Email Updates
- On Earth Day and every day, U.S. farmers and ranchers are stewards of the Earth. Happy #EarthDay2017 from USDA’s Farm Service Agency! 09:16PM - 21 Apr 2017
- Daily Market Rates effective 4/21/2017 https://t.co/CjDtx88TvO 11:16AM - 21 Apr 2017
- Daily Market Rates effective 4/20/2017 https://t.co/CjDtx88TvO 11:22AM - 20 Apr 2017
- Daily Market Rates effective 4/19/2017 https://t.co/CjDtx88TvO 11:21AM - 19 Apr 2017
- Daily Market Rates effective 4/18/2017 https://t.co/CjDtx88TvO 11:01AM - 18 Apr 2017