More than $3.5 billion in organic commodities were sold in the United States in 2011, according to a survey by the USDA National Agricultural Statistics Service. Based on the 2011 Certified Organic Production Survey, corn led organic field crops in sales, accounting for more than $101.5 million. Organically raised livestock accounted for $1.31 billion in sales. Leading livestock commodities last year was organic milk, which accounted for $765 million in sales. View the survey.
Get Email Updates
- Daily Market Rates effective 10/21/2016 https://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 04:16PM - 21 Oct 2016
- USDA Announces Streamlined Guaranteed Loans and Additional Lender Category for Small-Scale Operators https://t.co/Wtixs32dAr 11:30PM - 20 Oct 2016
- Daily Market Rates effective 10/20/2016 https://t.co/CjDtx88TvO 04:15PM - 20 Oct 2016
- Daily Market Rates effective 10/19/2016 https://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:18AM - 19 Oct 2016
- Daily Market Rates effective 10/18/2016 https://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:16AM - 18 Oct 2016