More than $3.5 billion in organic commodities were sold in the United States in 2011, according to a survey by the USDA National Agricultural Statistics Service. Based on the 2011 Certified Organic Production Survey, corn led organic field crops in sales, accounting for more than $101.5 million. Organically raised livestock accounted for $1.31 billion in sales. Leading livestock commodities last year was organic milk, which accounted for $765 million in sales. View the survey.
Get Email Updates
- RT @PFBKristina: @usdafsa Admin Val Dolcini and PA State Exec Director Bill Wehry visited @PAFarmBureau today. http://t.co/7oAMcSJCX1 11:08AM - 17 Oct 2014
- #FSA Loan Gives Boost to New Farmers - Get 'into the dirt': More young people start farms http://t.co/acDc9G2bjf 11:07AM - 17 Oct 2014
- Daily Market Rates effective 10/17/2014 http://t.co/HBhosek8U0 11:06AM - 17 Oct 2014
- Daily Market Rates effective 10/16/2014 http://t.co/HBhosek8U0 11:05AM - 16 Oct 2014
- Daily Market Rates effective 10/15/2014 http://t.co/HBhosek8U0 11:05AM - 15 Oct 2014