More than $3.5 billion in organic commodities were sold in the United States in 2011, according to a survey by the USDA National Agricultural Statistics Service. Based on the 2011 Certified Organic Production Survey, corn led organic field crops in sales, accounting for more than $101.5 million. Organically raised livestock accounted for $1.31 billion in sales. Leading livestock commodities last year was organic milk, which accounted for $765 million in sales. View the survey.
Get Email Updates
- Daily Market Rates effective 01/29/2015 http://t.co/Pt9swrT0AU 12:22PM - 29 Jan 2015
- Daily Market Rates effective 01/28/2015 http://t.co/Pt9swrT0AU 12:22PM - 28 Jan 2015
- Daily Market Rates effective 01/27/2015 http://t.co/Pt9swrT0AU 12:21PM - 27 Jan 2015
- USDA Creates More Bird Habitat Opportunities on Irrigated Farmland: Release No. 0004.15 ... http://t.co/yGnCu2U8QX 08:49PM - 26 Jan 2015
- USDA Creates More Bird Habitat Opportunities on Irrigated Farmland http://t.co/BmEJOtf8t8 08:26PM - 26 Jan 2015