More than $3.5 billion in organic commodities were sold in the United States in 2011, according to a survey by the USDA National Agricultural Statistics Service. Based on the 2011 Certified Organic Production Survey, corn led organic field crops in sales, accounting for more than $101.5 million. Organically raised livestock accounted for $1.31 billion in sales. Leading livestock commodities last year was organic milk, which accounted for $765 million in sales. View the survey.
Get Email Updates
- Cotton #farmers urged to apply for CTAP ASAP. http://t.co/qtRkZpmmsX 12:43PM - 29 Aug 2014
- Daily Market Rates effective 08/29/2014 http://t.co/HBhosek8U0 11:06AM - 29 Aug 2014
- Enrollment for New Dairy Farm Risk Management Program to Begin Sept. 2 http://t.co/LCvEnRc5lB 03:27PM - 28 Aug 2014
- Enrollment for New Dairy Farm Risk Management Program to Begin Sept. 2: Release No. 0191.14 ... http://t.co/hqlfqC1WwM 02:31PM - 28 Aug 2014
- Daily Market Rates effective 08/28/2014 http://t.co/HBhosek8U0 11:11AM - 28 Aug 2014