More than $3.5 billion in organic commodities were sold in the United States in 2011, according to a survey by the USDA National Agricultural Statistics Service. Based on the 2011 Certified Organic Production Survey, corn led organic field crops in sales, accounting for more than $101.5 million. Organically raised livestock accounted for $1.31 billion in sales. Leading livestock commodities last year was organic milk, which accounted for $765 million in sales. View the survey.
Get Email Updates
- Producers can find their #FSA county office here: http://t.co/4KKShHnF49. Enroll in Cotton Transition Assistance Prog http://t.co/jLqVddRhJF 12:20PM - 2 Oct 2014
- Daily Market Rates effective 10/02/2014 http://t.co/HBhosek8U0 11:11AM - 2 Oct 2014
- Producers have 1 week to enroll in Cotton Transition Assistance Prog http://t.co/jLqVddRhJF #agchat @USDA 08:20PM - 1 Oct 2014
- 2015 Upland Cotton Marketing Assistance Loan Rate Announced http://t.co/SGWFtwCuEZ 07:26PM - 1 Oct 2014
- 2015 Upland Cotton Marketing Assistance Loan Rate Announced: Release No. 0160.14 2015 U... http://t.co/NFqFqtyMed 07:13PM - 1 Oct 2014