More than $3.5 billion in organic commodities were sold in the United States in 2011, according to a survey by the USDA National Agricultural Statistics Service. Based on the 2011 Certified Organic Production Survey, corn led organic field crops in sales, accounting for more than $101.5 million. Organically raised livestock accounted for $1.31 billion in sales. Leading livestock commodities last year was organic milk, which accounted for $765 million in sales. View the survey.
Get Email Updates
- Daily Market Rates effective 10/02/2015 http://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:22AM - 2 Oct 2015
- 2016 Upland Cotton Marketing Assistance Loan Rate Announced: 2016 Upland Cotton Marketing Assistance Loan Rate... https://t.co/SZdoeb4Sny 08:37PM - 1 Oct 2015
- 2016 Upland Cotton Marketing Assistance Loan Rate Announced https://t.co/mA6j12ER4U 08:26PM - 1 Oct 2015
- Conservation Plays Key Role in Preserving Oklahoma Centennial Farm #CRPis30 https://t.co/B3HibysWyP 06:20PM - 1 Oct 2015
- USDA Commits $4 Million to Improve Chesapeake Bay Water Quality: USDA Commits $4 Million to Improve Chesapeake... https://t.co/i5We5EWU7p 05:56PM - 1 Oct 2015