More than $3.5 billion in organic commodities were sold in the United States in 2011, according to a survey by the USDA National Agricultural Statistics Service. Based on the 2011 Certified Organic Production Survey, corn led organic field crops in sales, accounting for more than $101.5 million. Organically raised livestock accounted for $1.31 billion in sales. Leading livestock commodities last year was organic milk, which accounted for $765 million in sales. View the survey.
Get Email Updates
- Farmers and Ranchers Encouraged to Make Their Voices Heard http://t.co/Ptlqw0qsHq 04:26PM - 31 Oct 2014
- Farmers and Ranchers Encouraged to Make Their Voices Heard: Release No. 0171.14 Farmers... http://t.co/1Ft5C27bRk 04:22PM - 31 Oct 2014
- Farm Bill safety-net provisions require careful planning | Western Farm Press http://t.co/CKqVocHylI #farmbill #farmers #agchat 04:13PM - 31 Oct 2014
- Daily Market Rates effective 10/31/2014 http://t.co/HBhosek8U0 11:30AM - 31 Oct 2014
- Reminder: Producers should sign up for ELAP before the Nov. 1 deadline http://t.co/eGZTcMKdaa #farmers #agchat 11:44AM - 30 Oct 2014