USDA has allocated 400,000 state acres to support conservation and restoration of wildlife and their habitats as part of the Conservation Reserve Program. The announcement, made by Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack during a visit to Iowa, fulfills USDA’s commitment made last spring to set aside 1 million acres of marginal and environmentally sensitive land for special initiatives to restore grasslands, wetlands and wildlife habitats. Acres are now allocated in 97 state acres for wildlife enhancement projects located in 36 states. Learn more.
Get Email Updates
- Daily Market Rates effective 08/27/2014 http://t.co/HBhosek8U0 11:12AM - 27 Aug 2014
- USDA _ERS will host a webinar on the new 2014 forecast for farm sector and household income today @ 1 p.m. ET http://t.co/0moN0YyEqw 12:31PM - 26 Aug 2014
- Daily Market Rates effective 08/26/2014 http://t.co/CjDtx88TvO 11:09AM - 26 Aug 2014
- @ScottStebner How great of you to share this with us. Thank you. This is wonderful FSA history. 12:43PM - 25 Aug 2014
- Follow @USDANutrition #HealthierNextGen Twitter Chat w/ @FUTP60 Student Ambassadors to discuss healthy school meals Wed Aug 27 @ 3 ET 12:38PM - 25 Aug 2014