USDA has allocated 400,000 state acres to support conservation and restoration of wildlife and their habitats as part of the Conservation Reserve Program. The announcement, made by Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack during a visit to Iowa, fulfills USDA’s commitment made last spring to set aside 1 million acres of marginal and environmentally sensitive land for special initiatives to restore grasslands, wetlands and wildlife habitats. Acres are now allocated in 97 state acres for wildlife enhancement projects located in 36 states. Learn more.
Get Email Updates
- Mon., Dec. 1 is last day to submit ballots for 2014 #FSA county committee elections http://t.co/BV1pHvfcYO 01:15PM - 28 Nov 2014
- Daily Market Rates effective 11/28/2014 http://t.co/Pt9swrT0AU 12:21PM - 28 Nov 2014
- Happy Thanksgiving and a heartfelt thank you to all the #farmers and #ranchers who work tirelessly to feed this nation & the world. 05:16PM - 26 Nov 2014
- Dairy #farmers can use new Web resource to calculate best levels of MPP coverage for their #dairy operation http://t.co/RtCov6HACC 01:05PM - 26 Nov 2014
- Daily Market Rates effective 11/26/2014 http://t.co/Pt9swrT0AU 12:05PM - 26 Nov 2014