USDA has allocated 400,000 state acres to support conservation and restoration of wildlife and their habitats as part of the Conservation Reserve Program. The announcement, made by Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack during a visit to Iowa, fulfills USDA’s commitment made last spring to set aside 1 million acres of marginal and environmentally sensitive land for special initiatives to restore grasslands, wetlands and wildlife habitats. Acres are now allocated in 97 state acres for wildlife enhancement projects located in 36 states. Learn more.
Get Email Updates
- RT @usda: ICYMI: Yesterday USDA released 2014 Farm Bill highlights. See a side-by-side of the before & after here http://t.co/oL4JYUyioz 03:27PM - 7 Mar 2014
- Daily Market Rates effective 03/07/2014 http://t.co/JYHM1ttz4o 12:06PM - 7 Mar 2014
- Livestock Producers Affected by Severe Weather Urged to Keep Good Records http://t.co/4dhPCQT8yb 08:26PM - 6 Mar 2014
- Livestock Producers Affected by Severe Weather Urged to Keep Good Records: Release 0039.14 ... http://t.co/PLg2eY3bGO 07:53PM - 6 Mar 2014
- RT @usda: The #budget recognizes fiscal realities by supporting USDA’s efforts to modernize the way we do business http://t.co/OSaqeX1iTn 03:04PM - 6 Mar 2014