USDA has allocated 400,000 state acres to support conservation and restoration of wildlife and their habitats as part of the Conservation Reserve Program. The announcement, made by Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack during a visit to Iowa, fulfills USDA’s commitment made last spring to set aside 1 million acres of marginal and environmentally sensitive land for special initiatives to restore grasslands, wetlands and wildlife habitats. Acres are now allocated in 97 state acres for wildlife enhancement projects located in 36 states. Learn more.
Get Email Updates
- Daily Market Rates effective 12/19/2014 http://t.co/Pt9swrT0AU 12:16PM - 19 Dec 2014
- Tomorrow is last day for #dairy #farmers to apply for Dairy Margin Protection Program http://t.co/gTPqFQwIOe 02:31PM - 18 Dec 2014
- Daily Market Rates effective 12/18/2014 http://t.co/Pt9swrT0AU 12:19PM - 18 Dec 2014
- Daily Market Rates effective 12/17/2014 http://t.co/Pt9swrT0AU 12:11PM - 17 Dec 2014
- USDA Improves Forest Health by Harvesting Biomass for Energy: USDA Improves Forest Health by Harvesting Biomas... http://t.co/OVnGaudfoX 08:57PM - 16 Dec 2014