USDA has allocated 400,000 state acres to support conservation and restoration of wildlife and their habitats as part of the Conservation Reserve Program. The announcement, made by Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack during a visit to Iowa, fulfills USDA’s commitment made last spring to set aside 1 million acres of marginal and environmentally sensitive land for special initiatives to restore grasslands, wetlands and wildlife habitats. Acres are now allocated in 97 state acres for wildlife enhancement projects located in 36 states. Learn more.
Get Email Updates
- Daily Market Rates effective 01/29/2015 http://t.co/Pt9swrT0AU 12:22PM - 29 Jan 2015
- Daily Market Rates effective 01/28/2015 http://t.co/Pt9swrT0AU 12:22PM - 28 Jan 2015
- Daily Market Rates effective 01/27/2015 http://t.co/Pt9swrT0AU 12:21PM - 27 Jan 2015
- USDA Creates More Bird Habitat Opportunities on Irrigated Farmland: Release No. 0004.15 ... http://t.co/yGnCu2U8QX 08:49PM - 26 Jan 2015
- USDA Creates More Bird Habitat Opportunities on Irrigated Farmland http://t.co/BmEJOtf8t8 08:26PM - 26 Jan 2015