USDA has allocated 400,000 state acres to support conservation and restoration of wildlife and their habitats as part of the Conservation Reserve Program. The announcement, made by Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack during a visit to Iowa, fulfills USDA’s commitment made last spring to set aside 1 million acres of marginal and environmentally sensitive land for special initiatives to restore grasslands, wetlands and wildlife habitats. Acres are now allocated in 97 state acres for wildlife enhancement projects located in 36 states. Learn more.
Get Email Updates
- Today is last day for #farmers who lost fruit crops to frost/freeze to enroll in NAP & rec'v assistance http://t.co/8ZzqEaQxq6 12:30PM - 22 Sep 2014
- Daily Market Rates effective 09/22/2014 http://t.co/HBhosek8U0 11:17AM - 22 Sep 2014
- Monday is last day for #farmers who lost fruit crops to frost/freeze to enroll in NAP & rec'v assistance http://t.co/8ZzqEaQxq6 12:45PM - 19 Sep 2014
- Daily Market Rates effective 09/19/2014 http://t.co/HBhosek8U0 11:17AM - 19 Sep 2014
- Daily Market Rates effective 09/18/2014 http://t.co/HBhosek8U0 11:11AM - 18 Sep 2014