USDA has allocated 400,000 state acres to support conservation and restoration of wildlife and their habitats as part of the Conservation Reserve Program. The announcement, made by Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack during a visit to Iowa, fulfills USDA’s commitment made last spring to set aside 1 million acres of marginal and environmentally sensitive land for special initiatives to restore grasslands, wetlands and wildlife habitats. Acres are now allocated in 97 state acres for wildlife enhancement projects located in 36 states. Learn more.
Get Email Updates
- Today is last day for livestock producers to enroll in disaster assistance prgm to avoid reduction in amt rec'd http://t.co/0c1qyD6aR6 04:31PM - 1 Oct 2014
- USDA Announces Commodity Credit Corporation Lending Rates for October 2014: Release No. 0159.14 ... http://t.co/HnwliDMP3n 01:33PM - 1 Oct 2014
- USDA Announces Commodity Credit Corporation Lending Rates for October 2014 http://t.co/Toj6Pr3FxW 01:26PM - 1 Oct 2014
- Producers have 1 week to enroll in Cotton Transition Assistance Prog http://t.co/jLqVddRhJF #agchat @USDA 01:02PM - 1 Oct 2014
- Daily Market Rates effective 10/01/2014 http://t.co/HBhosek8U0 11:12AM - 1 Oct 2014