USDA has allocated 400,000 state acres to support conservation and restoration of wildlife and their habitats as part of the Conservation Reserve Program. The announcement, made by Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack during a visit to Iowa, fulfills USDA’s commitment made last spring to set aside 1 million acres of marginal and environmentally sensitive land for special initiatives to restore grasslands, wetlands and wildlife habitats. Acres are now allocated in 97 state acres for wildlife enhancement projects located in 36 states. Learn more.
Get Email Updates
- Daily Market Rates effective 07/24/2014 http://t.co/JYHM1ttz4o 11:09AM - 24 Jul 2014
- USDA Selects 36 Energy Facilities to Accept Biomass Deliveries http://t.co/F1yEjiQtJp 11:28PM - 23 Jul 2014
- USDA Selects 36 Energy Facilities to Accept Biomass Deliveries: Release 0157.14 ... http://t.co/AzFP98t6it 06:08PM - 23 Jul 2014
- Daily Market Rates effective 07/23/2014 http://t.co/JYHM1ttz4o 11:10AM - 23 Jul 2014
- Pelting Weeds with Particles Instead of Spraying Them with Herbicides http://t.co/GQi2OLplKK 01:09PM - 22 Jul 2014