With the high prices of feed, farmers have resorted to feeding their cows candy. Chocolate bars, gummie worms and hard candy have made the bovine menu and while a ton of traditional corn feed costs producers about $315, the price of a ton of ice-cream sprinkles only costs $160. It may seem strange, but according to one livestock nutritionist, the practice has been going on for decades. Read more (CNN.com).
Get Email Updates
- Reminder: Deadline for @USDA Dairy Margin Protection Program extended to Dec. 5. http://t.co/PEu5VjX9i7 #dairy #rancher #farmer 05:20PM - 21 Nov 2014
- Daily Market Rates effective 11/21/2014 http://t.co/Pt9swrT0AU 12:04PM - 21 Nov 2014
- MT @PeoplesGarden: Tmrw (Nov 21) is last day for @USDA #FarmersMarket. Stop by if you’re in #DC metro area! http://t.co/Kzs9cvWgPA 08:10PM - 20 Nov 2014
- Daily Market Rates effective 11/20/2014 http://t.co/Pt9swrT0AU 12:06PM - 20 Nov 2014
- Daily Market Rates effective 11/19/2014 http://t.co/Pt9swrT0AU 12:21PM - 19 Nov 2014