With the high prices of feed, farmers have resorted to feeding their cows candy. Chocolate bars, gummie worms and hard candy have made the bovine menu and while a ton of traditional corn feed costs producers about $315, the price of a ton of ice-cream sprinkles only costs $160. It may seem strange, but according to one livestock nutritionist, the practice has been going on for decades. Read more (CNN.com).
Get Email Updates
- Daily Market Rates effective 05/25/2016 https://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:21AM - 25 May 2016
- Daily Market Rates effective 05/24/2016 https://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:11AM - 24 May 2016
- USDA Resumes Incentives to Grow and Harvest Biomass for Energy and Biobased Products https://t.co/XcbybotLgp 06:29PM - 23 May 2016
- Daily Market Rates effective 05/23/2016 https://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:02AM - 23 May 2016
- Daily Market Rates effective 05/20/2016 https://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:31AM - 20 May 2016