With the high prices of feed, farmers have resorted to feeding their cows candy. Chocolate bars, gummie worms and hard candy have made the bovine menu and while a ton of traditional corn feed costs producers about $315, the price of a ton of ice-cream sprinkles only costs $160. It may seem strange, but according to one livestock nutritionist, the practice has been going on for decades. Read more (CNN.com).
Get Email Updates
- Daily Market Rates effective 04/17/2014 http://t.co/JYHM1ttz4o 11:06AM - 17 Apr 2014
- Daily Market Rates effective 04/16/2014 http://t.co/JYHM1ttz4o 11:12AM - 16 Apr 2014
- USDA Announces 2014 Cotton Loan Rate Differentials http://t.co/1BNeryzEFc 06:26PM - 15 Apr 2014
- USDA Announces 2014 Cotton Loan Rate Differentials: Release 0064.14 USDA Announ... http://t.co/b7ZG8UUWr1 05:39PM - 15 Apr 2014
- Sign-Up Begins Today for USDA Disaster Assistance Programs Restored by Farm Bill: Release 0060.14 ... http://t.co/M9gqtT2GI0 05:39PM - 15 Apr 2014