With the high prices of feed, farmers have resorted to feeding their cows candy. Chocolate bars, gummie worms and hard candy have made the bovine menu and while a ton of traditional corn feed costs producers about $315, the price of a ton of ice-cream sprinkles only costs $160. It may seem strange, but according to one livestock nutritionist, the practice has been going on for decades. Read more (CNN.com).
Get Email Updates
- USDA Expands Grasslands Conservation Program to Small-Scale Livestock Producers https://t.co/umgtV2Bvva 05:26PM - 13 Jan 2017
- Daily Market Rates effective 1/13/2017 https://t.co/CjDtx88TvO 12:06PM - 13 Jan 2017
- USDA Announces Farm Service Agency Cooperative Agreements https://t.co/PqeNW7ZmjR 06:26PM - 12 Jan 2017
- Daily Market Rates effective 1/12/2017 https://t.co/CjDtx88TvO 12:22PM - 12 Jan 2017
- USDA’s Farm Service Agency Expands Bridges to Opportunity Nationwide https://t.co/GdmtFrPdlY 03:25PM - 11 Jan 2017