With the high prices of feed, farmers have resorted to feeding their cows candy. Chocolate bars, gummie worms and hard candy have made the bovine menu and while a ton of traditional corn feed costs producers about $315, the price of a ton of ice-cream sprinkles only costs $160. It may seem strange, but according to one livestock nutritionist, the practice has been going on for decades. Read more (CNN.com).
Get Email Updates
- Seven Miles Can Be a Game-Changer on Montana’s Little Bitterroot River #CRPis30 https://t.co/e6hoAjkEZg 07:33PM - 25 Nov 2015
- USDA Designates 24 Counties in Michigan as Primary Natural Disaster Areas With Assistance to Producers in Ohio https://t.co/z2sLlGdvS2 07:15PM - 25 Nov 2015
- Did you #vote in #FSA County Committee Elections? There’s still time left. Return your ballot by Dec. 7. https://t.co/5kLslvJCy3 03:30PM - 25 Nov 2015
- Daily Market Rates effective 11/25/2015 https://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 12:06PM - 25 Nov 2015
- Daily Market Rates effective 11/24/2015 https://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 12:06PM - 24 Nov 2015