With the high prices of feed, farmers have resorted to feeding their cows candy. Chocolate bars, gummie worms and hard candy have made the bovine menu and while a ton of traditional corn feed costs producers about $315, the price of a ton of ice-cream sprinkles only costs $160. It may seem strange, but according to one livestock nutritionist, the practice has been going on for decades. Read more (CNN.com).
Get Email Updates
- Daily Market Rates effective 09/16/2014 http://t.co/HBhosek8U0 11:11AM - 16 Sep 2014
- Daily Market Rates effective 09/15/2014 http://t.co/HBhosek8U0 11:12AM - 15 Sep 2014
- Livestock producers should enroll in disaster assistance prgm by Oct. 1 to avoid reduction in amt of assistance rec'd http://t.co/0c1qyD6aR6 09:15PM - 12 Sep 2014
- Daily Market Rates effective 09/12/2014 http://t.co/HBhosek8U0 11:09AM - 12 Sep 2014
- Daily Market Rates effective 09/11/2014 http://t.co/HBhosek8U0 11:21AM - 11 Sep 2014