With the high prices of feed, farmers have resorted to feeding their cows candy. Chocolate bars, gummie worms and hard candy have made the bovine menu and while a ton of traditional corn feed costs producers about $315, the price of a ton of ice-cream sprinkles only costs $160. It may seem strange, but according to one livestock nutritionist, the practice has been going on for decades. Read more (CNN.com).
Get Email Updates
- Daily Market Rates effective 05/03/2016 https://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:11AM - 3 May 2016
- USDA Announces Commodity Credit Corporation Lending Rates for May 2016 https://t.co/zZPWlnR9q1 02:26PM - 2 May 2016
- Daily Market Rates effective 05/02/2016 https://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:16AM - 2 May 2016
- Nebraska siblings use FSA youth loan to start honeybee operation https://t.co/NuqSPWRAZi 08:41PM - 29 Apr 2016
- New Mexico brothers share FSA youth loan, don't hog competition spotlight https://t.co/nYX4e63Iqp 04:39PM - 29 Apr 2016