With the high prices of feed, farmers have resorted to feeding their cows candy. Chocolate bars, gummie worms and hard candy have made the bovine menu and while a ton of traditional corn feed costs producers about $315, the price of a ton of ice-cream sprinkles only costs $160. It may seem strange, but according to one livestock nutritionist, the practice has been going on for decades. Read more (CNN.com).
Get Email Updates
- Daily Market Rates effective 08/28/2014 http://t.co/HBhosek8U0 11:11AM - 28 Aug 2014
- Daily Market Rates effective 08/27/2014 http://t.co/HBhosek8U0 11:12AM - 27 Aug 2014
- USDA _ERS will host a webinar on the new 2014 forecast for farm sector and household income today @ 1 p.m. ET http://t.co/0moN0YyEqw 12:31PM - 26 Aug 2014
- Daily Market Rates effective 08/26/2014 http://t.co/CjDtx88TvO 11:09AM - 26 Aug 2014
- @ScottStebner How great of you to share this with us. Thank you. This is wonderful FSA history. 12:43PM - 25 Aug 2014