With the high prices of feed, farmers have resorted to feeding their cows candy. Chocolate bars, gummie worms and hard candy have made the bovine menu and while a ton of traditional corn feed costs producers about $315, the price of a ton of ice-cream sprinkles only costs $160. It may seem strange, but according to one livestock nutritionist, the practice has been going on for decades. Read more (CNN.com).
Get Email Updates
- One more week to get your FSA County Committee nomination form in before the Aug. 1 deadline http://t.co/yB60UK6Ge2 04:45PM - 25 Jul 2014
- Grant Opportunity: Outreach & Assistance for Socially Disadvantaged Farmers & Ranchers & Veteran Farmers & Ranchers http://t.co/LeOcF5792x 01:20PM - 25 Jul 2014
- Daily Market Rates effective 07/25/2014 http://t.co/JYHM1ttz4o 11:12AM - 25 Jul 2014
- RT @usda: TODAY the @WhiteHouse Rural Council announced a $10B private fund for rural infrastructure improvements → http://t.co/0wf3qi7jJh 05:06PM - 24 Jul 2014
- RT @usda: The WH Rural Council is helping spark investment & create jobs in rural America → http://t.co/ZN5MrR7kxG http://t.co/X1saf0NNIj 05:05PM - 24 Jul 2014