With the high prices of feed, farmers have resorted to feeding their cows candy. Chocolate bars, gummie worms and hard candy have made the bovine menu and while a ton of traditional corn feed costs producers about $315, the price of a ton of ice-cream sprinkles only costs $160. It may seem strange, but according to one livestock nutritionist, the practice has been going on for decades. Read more (CNN.com).
Get Email Updates
- Cane and Beet Sugar Reassignments Announced https://t.co/ZG91AGm5bU 09:27PM - 28 Aug 2015
- Cane and Beet Sugar Reassignments Announced: Cane and Beet Sugar Reassignments Announced No Actions will ... http://t.co/hEY1yxofEx 09:07PM - 28 Aug 2015
- Daily Market Rates effective 08/28/2015 http://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:17AM - 28 Aug 2015
- Landowner Reduces Erosion and Enhances Wildlife Habitat in Mississippi Delta #CRPis30 http://t.co/vw5h9X9XQf 10:04PM - 27 Aug 2015
- Daily Market Rates effective 08/27/2015 http://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:21AM - 27 Aug 2015