With the high prices of feed, farmers have resorted to feeding their cows candy. Chocolate bars, gummie worms and hard candy have made the bovine menu and while a ton of traditional corn feed costs producers about $315, the price of a ton of ice-cream sprinkles only costs $160. It may seem strange, but according to one livestock nutritionist, the practice has been going on for decades. Read more (CNN.com).
Get Email Updates
- Daily Market Rates effective 10/22/2014 http://t.co/HBhosek8U0 11:07AM - 22 Oct 2014
- @USDA to Launch New Farm Bill Program to Help Provide Relief to #Farmers Affected by Severe Weather http://t.co/mLFAXHXoYO 06:32PM - 21 Oct 2014
- Daily Market Rates effective 10/21/2014 http://t.co/HBhosek8U0 11:11AM - 21 Oct 2014
- Daily Market Rates effective 10/20/2014 http://t.co/HBhosek8U0 11:07AM - 20 Oct 2014
- RT @PFBKristina: @usdafsa Admin Val Dolcini and PA State Exec Director Bill Wehry visited @PAFarmBureau today. http://t.co/7oAMcSJCX1 11:08AM - 17 Oct 2014