With the high prices of feed, farmers have resorted to feeding their cows candy. Chocolate bars, gummie worms and hard candy have made the bovine menu and while a ton of traditional corn feed costs producers about $315, the price of a ton of ice-cream sprinkles only costs $160. It may seem strange, but according to one livestock nutritionist, the practice has been going on for decades. Read more (CNN.com).
Get Email Updates
- Daily Market Rates effective 11/26/2014 http://t.co/Pt9swrT0AU 12:05PM - 26 Nov 2014
- Daily Market Rates effective 11/25/2014 http://t.co/Pt9swrT0AU 12:05PM - 25 Nov 2014
- #Dairy farmers have one week to apply for Dairy Margin Protection Program. Deadline is Dec. 5. http://t.co/8b8EffpDh5 #rancher 11:05PM - 24 Nov 2014
- USDA Disaster Assistance to Help Thousands of Honeybee, Livestock and Farm-Raised Fish Producers http://t.co/8JkpywAsTi 05:27PM - 24 Nov 2014
- USDA Disaster Assistance to Help Thousands of Honeybee, Livestock and Farm-Raised Fish Producers: Release No. ... http://t.co/ocjJB41HPi 05:04PM - 24 Nov 2014