With the high prices of feed, farmers have resorted to feeding their cows candy. Chocolate bars, gummie worms and hard candy have made the bovine menu and while a ton of traditional corn feed costs producers about $315, the price of a ton of ice-cream sprinkles only costs $160. It may seem strange, but according to one livestock nutritionist, the practice has been going on for decades. Read more (CNN.com).
Get Email Updates
- Good story for #CRPis30: http://t.co/FwagQIjgd3 01:53PM - 3 Aug 2015
- USDA Announces Commodity Credit Corporation Lending Rates for August 2015: USDA Announces Commodity Credit Cor... http://t.co/XxUsBfAN6R 01:35PM - 3 Aug 2015
- USDA Announces Commodity Credit Corporation Lending Rates for August 2015 https://t.co/QFPLU5S46D 01:28PM - 3 Aug 2015
- Daily Market Rates effective 08/03/2015 http://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:07AM - 3 Aug 2015
- Daily Market Rates effective 07/31/2015 http://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:26AM - 31 Jul 2015