With the high prices of feed, farmers have resorted to feeding their cows candy. Chocolate bars, gummie worms and hard candy have made the bovine menu and while a ton of traditional corn feed costs producers about $315, the price of a ton of ice-cream sprinkles only costs $160. It may seem strange, but according to one livestock nutritionist, the practice has been going on for decades. Read more (CNN.com).
Get Email Updates
- Daily Market Rates effective 09/29/2016 https://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:13AM - 29 Sep 2016
- Daily Market Rates effective 09/28/2016 https://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:36AM - 28 Sep 2016
- Daily Market Rates effective 09/27/2016 https://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:21AM - 27 Sep 2016
- Daily Market Rates effective 09/26/2016 https://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:16AM - 26 Sep 2016
- USDA Announces Fiscal Year 2017 Sugar Loan Rates, Allotment and Marketing Allocations https://t.co/RGAWGIN8RK 07:28PM - 23 Sep 2016