With the high prices of feed, farmers have resorted to feeding their cows candy. Chocolate bars, gummie worms and hard candy have made the bovine menu and while a ton of traditional corn feed costs producers about $315, the price of a ton of ice-cream sprinkles only costs $160. It may seem strange, but according to one livestock nutritionist, the practice has been going on for decades. Read more (CNN.com).
Get Email Updates
- Daily Market Rates effective 05/22/2015 http://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:22AM - 22 May 2015
- USDA Reminds Farmers to Certify Conservation Compliance by June 1 Deadline: Release 0144.15 ... http://t.co/xRxN2sj7xn 05:38PM - 21 May 2015
- USDA Reminds Farmers to Certify Conservation Compliance by June 1 Deadline https://t.co/rSs12sX6TB 05:28PM - 21 May 2015
- Daily Market Rates effective 05/21/2015 http://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:05AM - 21 May 2015
- Daily Market Rates effective 05/20/2015 http://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:06AM - 20 May 2015