With the high prices of feed, farmers have resorted to feeding their cows candy. Chocolate bars, gummie worms and hard candy have made the bovine menu and while a ton of traditional corn feed costs producers about $315, the price of a ton of ice-cream sprinkles only costs $160. It may seem strange, but according to one livestock nutritionist, the practice has been going on for decades. Read more (CNN.com).
Get Email Updates
- USDA Announces No Actions Under Feedstock Flexibility Program: Release No. 0033.15 ... http://t.co/f2s0vQ3ChN 08:06PM - 27 Mar 2015
- USDA Announces No Actions Under Feedstock Flexibility Program http://t.co/cRM2VVDSNP 07:27PM - 27 Mar 2015
- USDA Extends ARC and PLC Deadlines: Release No. 0076.15 USDA Extends ARC and PL... http://t.co/PeKAEH2ogq 04:34PM - 27 Mar 2015
- USDA Extends ARC and PLC Deadlines http://t.co/am6suzM1uC 04:26PM - 27 Mar 2015
- Daily Market Rates effective 03/27/2015 http://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:16AM - 27 Mar 2015