With the high prices of feed, farmers have resorted to feeding their cows candy. Chocolate bars, gummie worms and hard candy have made the bovine menu and while a ton of traditional corn feed costs producers about $315, the price of a ton of ice-cream sprinkles only costs $160. It may seem strange, but according to one livestock nutritionist, the practice has been going on for decades. Read more (CNN.com).
Get Email Updates
- MT @usda: Secretary Vilsack wrote you a note to celebrate #MyFarmBill's 1st anniversary http://t.co/sQruvRFclm http://t.co/CgjDihrcoy 03:37PM - 30 Jan 2015
- Daily Market Rates effective 01/30/2015 http://t.co/Pt9swrT0AU 12:16PM - 30 Jan 2015
- Daily Market Rates effective 01/29/2015 http://t.co/Pt9swrT0AU 12:22PM - 29 Jan 2015
- Daily Market Rates effective 01/28/2015 http://t.co/Pt9swrT0AU 12:22PM - 28 Jan 2015
- Daily Market Rates effective 01/27/2015 http://t.co/Pt9swrT0AU 12:21PM - 27 Jan 2015