Producers who suffered crop losses due to natural disasters during the 2011 crop year can sign up for the Supplemental Revenue Assistance Payments (SURE) program beginning today, Oct. 22. The SURE program is authorized under the 2008 Farm Bill, allowing payments to be made to qualifying producers who suffered losses through Sept. 30, 2011. Losses occurring after that date do not qualify. Farmers and ranchers interested in signing up must do so before the June 7, 2013 deadline. Learn more.
Get Email Updates
- Report Shows #FarmBill Conservation Practices Reduce Runoff of Nutrients, Sediment in Chesapeake Bay Watershed http://t.co/eJSaXxeqqI 02:10PM - 6 Dec 2013
- Daily Market Rates effective 12/06/2013 http://t.co/HBhosek8U0 12:06PM - 6 Dec 2013
- @USDA Updates Multi-Year Strategic Sustainability Performance Plan http://t.co/FGWZy5RjN7 08:45PM - 5 Dec 2013
- MT @usda: #Conservation practices prevent millions of tons of soil erosion yearly while reducing harmful runoff http://t.co/wQax8KTQO2 07:50PM - 5 Dec 2013
- South Carolina StrikeForce Meeting Reaches More Than 100 Producers http://t.co/CogsXbEuLh 07:32PM - 5 Dec 2013