Louisa Conrad and Lucas Farrell have found their niche. After facing a tough job market, the two jumped into farming as apprentices with a Vermont cheese maker. They fell in love with the goats and later met a couple that allowed them to use their land to raise goats of their own. That gave them the opportunity to start their goat milk caramel business. With a USDA guaranteed loan the couple bought Big Picture Farm and has seen their business grow. They recently secured their largest customer – Anthropologie clothing store will be carrying the caramels in more than 140 stores. Read more (Vermont Public Radio).
Get Email Updates
- USDA Enhances Farm Storage Facility Loan Program: USDA Enhances Farm Storage Facility Loan Program ... http://t.co/wMdNWgY817 07:31PM - 10 Mar 2014
- USDA Enhances Farm Storage Facility Loan Program http://t.co/CpyPXOw9f1 07:26PM - 10 Mar 2014
- USDA Announces Efforts to Expand Support for Small and Mid-Sized #Farmers & #Ranchers http://t.co/osvbJvRjFp 05:38PM - 10 Mar 2014
- USDA Releases Latest Crop Production Report. View it here http://t.co/6AL3fszTXE 04:08PM - 10 Mar 2014
- USDA FY 2015 Budget Summary and Annual Performance Plan http://t.co/9kQQ3GeSQv 03:51PM - 10 Mar 2014