Louisa Conrad and Lucas Farrell have found their niche. After facing a tough job market, the two jumped into farming as apprentices with a Vermont cheese maker. They fell in love with the goats and later met a couple that allowed them to use their land to raise goats of their own. That gave them the opportunity to start their goat milk caramel business. With a USDA guaranteed loan the couple bought Big Picture Farm and has seen their business grow. They recently secured their largest customer – Anthropologie clothing store will be carrying the caramels in more than 140 stores. Read more (Vermont Public Radio).
Get Email Updates
- #Farmers suffering fruit crop losses due to frost/freeze have until 9/22 to enroll in NAP & rec'v assistance http://t.co/8ZzqEaQxq6 01:35PM - 16 Sep 2014
- Daily Market Rates effective 09/16/2014 http://t.co/HBhosek8U0 11:11AM - 16 Sep 2014
- Daily Market Rates effective 09/15/2014 http://t.co/HBhosek8U0 11:12AM - 15 Sep 2014
- Livestock producers should enroll in disaster assistance prgm by Oct. 1 to avoid reduction in amt of assistance rec'd http://t.co/0c1qyD6aR6 09:15PM - 12 Sep 2014
- Daily Market Rates effective 09/12/2014 http://t.co/HBhosek8U0 11:09AM - 12 Sep 2014