Louisa Conrad and Lucas Farrell have found their niche. After facing a tough job market, the two jumped into farming as apprentices with a Vermont cheese maker. They fell in love with the goats and later met a couple that allowed them to use their land to raise goats of their own. That gave them the opportunity to start their goat milk caramel business. With a USDA guaranteed loan the couple bought Big Picture Farm and has seen their business grow. They recently secured their largest customer – Anthropologie clothing store will be carrying the caramels in more than 140 stores. Read more (Vermont Public Radio).
Get Email Updates
- USDA Wildlife Habitat Conservation Program Reaches 1 Million Acres #CRPis30 http://t.co/oI7Z0BqiMv 06:56PM - 1 May 2015
- Mississippi, USDA agencies enrolling farmers in CREP #CRPis30 http://t.co/CRSDmReLf8 06:52PM - 1 May 2015
- USDA Wildlife Habitat Conservation Program Reaches 1 Million Acres: USDA Wildlife Habitat Conservation Program... http://t.co/oI7Z0BqiMv 06:29PM - 1 May 2015
- USDA Wildlife Habitat Conservation Program Reaches 1 Million Acres https://t.co/6meVvWwt8E 06:27PM - 1 May 2015
- USDA Announces Commodity Credit Corporation Lending Rates for May 2015 https://t.co/EHjizh5nDm 04:27PM - 1 May 2015