Louisa Conrad and Lucas Farrell have found their niche. After facing a tough job market, the two jumped into farming as apprentices with a Vermont cheese maker. They fell in love with the goats and later met a couple that allowed them to use their land to raise goats of their own. That gave them the opportunity to start their goat milk caramel business. With a USDA guaranteed loan the couple bought Big Picture Farm and has seen their business grow. They recently secured their largest customer – Anthropologie clothing store will be carrying the caramels in more than 140 stores. Read more (Vermont Public Radio).
Get Email Updates
- Daily Market Rates effective 10/21/2016 https://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 04:16PM - 21 Oct 2016
- USDA Announces Streamlined Guaranteed Loans and Additional Lender Category for Small-Scale Operators https://t.co/Wtixs32dAr 11:30PM - 20 Oct 2016
- Daily Market Rates effective 10/20/2016 https://t.co/CjDtx88TvO 04:15PM - 20 Oct 2016
- Daily Market Rates effective 10/19/2016 https://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:18AM - 19 Oct 2016
- Daily Market Rates effective 10/18/2016 https://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:16AM - 18 Oct 2016