Louisa Conrad and Lucas Farrell have found their niche. After facing a tough job market, the two jumped into farming as apprentices with a Vermont cheese maker. They fell in love with the goats and later met a couple that allowed them to use their land to raise goats of their own. That gave them the opportunity to start their goat milk caramel business. With a USDA guaranteed loan the couple bought Big Picture Farm and has seen their business grow. They recently secured their largest customer – Anthropologie clothing store will be carrying the caramels in more than 140 stores. Read more (Vermont Public Radio).
Get Email Updates
- Daily Market Rates effective 12/19/2014 http://t.co/Pt9swrT0AU 12:16PM - 19 Dec 2014
- Tomorrow is last day for #dairy #farmers to apply for Dairy Margin Protection Program http://t.co/gTPqFQwIOe 02:31PM - 18 Dec 2014
- Daily Market Rates effective 12/18/2014 http://t.co/Pt9swrT0AU 12:19PM - 18 Dec 2014
- Daily Market Rates effective 12/17/2014 http://t.co/Pt9swrT0AU 12:11PM - 17 Dec 2014
- USDA Improves Forest Health by Harvesting Biomass for Energy: USDA Improves Forest Health by Harvesting Biomas... http://t.co/OVnGaudfoX 08:57PM - 16 Dec 2014