Louisa Conrad and Lucas Farrell have found their niche. After facing a tough job market, the two jumped into farming as apprentices with a Vermont cheese maker. They fell in love with the goats and later met a couple that allowed them to use their land to raise goats of their own. That gave them the opportunity to start their goat milk caramel business. With a USDA guaranteed loan the couple bought Big Picture Farm and has seen their business grow. They recently secured their largest customer – Anthropologie clothing store will be carrying the caramels in more than 140 stores. Read more (Vermont Public Radio).
Get Email Updates
- USDA Announces Fiscal Year 2017 Sugar Loan Rates, Allotment and Marketing Allocations https://t.co/RGAWGIN8RK 07:28PM - 23 Sep 2016
- Daily Market Rates effective 09/23/2016 https://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:21AM - 23 Sep 2016
- Daily Market Rates effective 09/22/2016 https://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:18AM - 22 Sep 2016
- Daily Market Rates effective 09/21/2016 https://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:16AM - 21 Sep 2016
- The McCalls Keep Ag 'All in the Family' https://t.co/5PGl9LKIeD 03:38PM - 20 Sep 2016