Louisa Conrad and Lucas Farrell have found their niche. After facing a tough job market, the two jumped into farming as apprentices with a Vermont cheese maker. They fell in love with the goats and later met a couple that allowed them to use their land to raise goats of their own. That gave them the opportunity to start their goat milk caramel business. With a USDA guaranteed loan the couple bought Big Picture Farm and has seen their business grow. They recently secured their largest customer – Anthropologie clothing store will be carrying the caramels in more than 140 stores. Read more (Vermont Public Radio).
Get Email Updates
- Daily Market Rates effective 5/23/2017 https://t.co/CjDtx88TvO 11:20AM - 23 May 2017
- USDA #FSA provides aid to Florida citrus growers combatting greening https://t.co/x20tgbHjAH https://t.co/jScrdO1tLm 05:05PM - 22 May 2017
- Daily Market Rates effective 5/19/2017 https://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:07AM - 19 May 2017
- Berries by Bill Brings Local Produce to Arkansas Schools https://t.co/99OI41kdW5 https://t.co/SvJTzUlWPW 06:46PM - 18 May 2017
- Daily Market Rates effective 5/18/2017 https://t.co/CjDtx88TvO 11:11AM - 18 May 2017