Louisa Conrad and Lucas Farrell have found their niche. After facing a tough job market, the two jumped into farming as apprentices with a Vermont cheese maker. They fell in love with the goats and later met a couple that allowed them to use their land to raise goats of their own. That gave them the opportunity to start their goat milk caramel business. With a USDA guaranteed loan the couple bought Big Picture Farm and has seen their business grow. They recently secured their largest customer – Anthropologie clothing store will be carrying the caramels in more than 140 stores. Read more (Vermont Public Radio).
Get Email Updates
- USDA Extends Deadline for Recording Farm Structure https://t.co/2MPF309JhY 05:36PM - 27 May 2016
- Daily Market Rates effective 05/27/2016 https://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:12AM - 27 May 2016
- Thirty Years of CRP on Display in Ripley County, IN #CRPis30 https://t.co/t2s93hHfoV 05:33PM - 26 May 2016
- Daily Market Rates effective 05/26/2016 https://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:21AM - 26 May 2016
- Daily Market Rates effective 05/25/2016 https://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:21AM - 25 May 2016