Louisa Conrad and Lucas Farrell have found their niche. After facing a tough job market, the two jumped into farming as apprentices with a Vermont cheese maker. They fell in love with the goats and later met a couple that allowed them to use their land to raise goats of their own. That gave them the opportunity to start their goat milk caramel business. With a USDA guaranteed loan the couple bought Big Picture Farm and has seen their business grow. They recently secured their largest customer – Anthropologie clothing store will be carrying the caramels in more than 140 stores. Read more (Vermont Public Radio).
Get Email Updates
- Daily Market Rates effective 06/30/2016 https://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:07AM - 30 Jun 2016
- Do you have a passion to support fellow farmers? Nominate yourself to be an #FSA County Committee Member. https://t.co/8LuW3wVxc3 01:45PM - 29 Jun 2016
- Daily Market Rates effective 06/29/2016 https://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:17AM - 29 Jun 2016
- Daily Market Rates effective 06/28/2016 https://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:08AM - 28 Jun 2016
- Daily Market Rates effective 06/27/2016 https://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:12AM - 27 Jun 2016