Louisa Conrad and Lucas Farrell have found their niche. After facing a tough job market, the two jumped into farming as apprentices with a Vermont cheese maker. They fell in love with the goats and later met a couple that allowed them to use their land to raise goats of their own. That gave them the opportunity to start their goat milk caramel business. With a USDA guaranteed loan the couple bought Big Picture Farm and has seen their business grow. They recently secured their largest customer – Anthropologie clothing store will be carrying the caramels in more than 140 stores. Read more (Vermont Public Radio).
Get Email Updates
- USDA Selects 36 Energy Facilities to Accept Biomass Deliveries: Release 0157.14 ... http://t.co/AzFP98t6it 06:08PM - 23 Jul 2014
- Daily Market Rates effective 07/23/2014 http://t.co/JYHM1ttz4o 11:10AM - 23 Jul 2014
- Pelting Weeds with Particles Instead of Spraying Them with Herbicides http://t.co/GQi2OLplKK 01:09PM - 22 Jul 2014
- Daily Market Rates effective 07/22/2014 http://t.co/JYHM1ttz4o 11:47AM - 22 Jul 2014
- Secretary’s Column: Help for Rural Californians Suffering Through #Drought http://t.co/rWwf6qlzYr 11:28AM - 22 Jul 2014