Louisa Conrad and Lucas Farrell have found their niche. After facing a tough job market, the two jumped into farming as apprentices with a Vermont cheese maker. They fell in love with the goats and later met a couple that allowed them to use their land to raise goats of their own. That gave them the opportunity to start their goat milk caramel business. With a USDA guaranteed loan the couple bought Big Picture Farm and has seen their business grow. They recently secured their largest customer – Anthropologie clothing store will be carrying the caramels in more than 140 stores. Read more (Vermont Public Radio).
Get Email Updates
- Daily Market Rates effective 12/12/2013 http://t.co/HBhosek8U0 12:11PM - 12 Dec 2013
- @USDA Grants Support Organic Agriculture Research http://t.co/jHMdjvDvdT 08:29PM - 11 Dec 2013
- RT @SpoffordHome: Thanks to our local group from @usdafsa for adopting one of our community-based families for Christmas! 03:29PM - 11 Dec 2013
- Cotton Production Down Slightly from November Forecast http://t.co/9z2ctT0Ci6 03:28PM - 11 Dec 2013
- Daily Market Rates effective 12/11/2013 http://t.co/HBhosek8U0 12:19PM - 11 Dec 2013