Louisa Conrad and Lucas Farrell have found their niche. After facing a tough job market, the two jumped into farming as apprentices with a Vermont cheese maker. They fell in love with the goats and later met a couple that allowed them to use their land to raise goats of their own. That gave them the opportunity to start their goat milk caramel business. With a USDA guaranteed loan the couple bought Big Picture Farm and has seen their business grow. They recently secured their largest customer – Anthropologie clothing store will be carrying the caramels in more than 140 stores. Read more (Vermont Public Radio).
Get Email Updates
- Daily Market Rates effective 01/29/2015 http://t.co/Pt9swrT0AU 12:22PM - 29 Jan 2015
- Daily Market Rates effective 01/28/2015 http://t.co/Pt9swrT0AU 12:22PM - 28 Jan 2015
- Daily Market Rates effective 01/27/2015 http://t.co/Pt9swrT0AU 12:21PM - 27 Jan 2015
- USDA Creates More Bird Habitat Opportunities on Irrigated Farmland: Release No. 0004.15 ... http://t.co/yGnCu2U8QX 08:49PM - 26 Jan 2015
- USDA Creates More Bird Habitat Opportunities on Irrigated Farmland http://t.co/BmEJOtf8t8 08:26PM - 26 Jan 2015