Louisa Conrad and Lucas Farrell have found their niche. After facing a tough job market, the two jumped into farming as apprentices with a Vermont cheese maker. They fell in love with the goats and later met a couple that allowed them to use their land to raise goats of their own. That gave them the opportunity to start their goat milk caramel business. With a USDA guaranteed loan the couple bought Big Picture Farm and has seen their business grow. They recently secured their largest customer – Anthropologie clothing store will be carrying the caramels in more than 140 stores. Read more (Vermont Public Radio).
Get Email Updates
- Daily Market Rates effective 08/30/2016 https://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:02AM - 30 Aug 2016
- Daily Market Rates effective 08/29/2016 https://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:13AM - 29 Aug 2016
- Daily Market Rates effective 08/26/2016 https://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:03AM - 26 Aug 2016
- Daily Market Rates effective 08/25/2016 https://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:06AM - 25 Aug 2016
- FSA Administrator Val Dolcini visits with Jen Becker, Owner of a Community Supported Ag farm in North Pole, AK https://t.co/ytZrnK1CfN 08:29PM - 24 Aug 2016