Louisa Conrad and Lucas Farrell have found their niche. After facing a tough job market, the two jumped into farming as apprentices with a Vermont cheese maker. They fell in love with the goats and later met a couple that allowed them to use their land to raise goats of their own. That gave them the opportunity to start their goat milk caramel business. With a USDA guaranteed loan the couple bought Big Picture Farm and has seen their business grow. They recently secured their largest customer – Anthropologie clothing store will be carrying the caramels in more than 140 stores. Read more (Vermont Public Radio).
Get Email Updates
- Daily Market Rates effective 05/26/2015 http://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:02AM - 26 May 2015
- Daily Market Rates effective 05/22/2015 http://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:22AM - 22 May 2015
- USDA Reminds Farmers to Certify Conservation Compliance by June 1 Deadline: Release 0144.15 ... http://t.co/xRxN2sj7xn 05:38PM - 21 May 2015
- USDA Reminds Farmers to Certify Conservation Compliance by June 1 Deadline https://t.co/rSs12sX6TB 05:28PM - 21 May 2015
- Daily Market Rates effective 05/21/2015 http://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:05AM - 21 May 2015