Louisa Conrad and Lucas Farrell have found their niche. After facing a tough job market, the two jumped into farming as apprentices with a Vermont cheese maker. They fell in love with the goats and later met a couple that allowed them to use their land to raise goats of their own. That gave them the opportunity to start their goat milk caramel business. With a USDA guaranteed loan the couple bought Big Picture Farm and has seen their business grow. They recently secured their largest customer – Anthropologie clothing store will be carrying the caramels in more than 140 stores. Read more (Vermont Public Radio).
Get Email Updates
- USDA Conservation Program Helps Reduce Flooding Concerns along Tennessee’s Red River #CRPis30 http://t.co/WgML2Mn8bb 08:54PM - 2 Jul 2015
- Daily Market Rates effective 07/02/2015 http://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:06AM - 2 Jul 2015
- USDA Announces Commodity Credit Corporation Lending Rates for July 2015: Release No. 0052.15 USDA Announce... http://t.co/XVUh6TYWFN 01:48PM - 1 Jul 2015
- USDA Announces Commodity Credit Corporation Lending Rates for July 2015 https://t.co/nzlK4Ivtfp 01:26PM - 1 Jul 2015
- Daily Market Rates effective 07/01/2015 http://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:16AM - 1 Jul 2015