Louisa Conrad and Lucas Farrell have found their niche. After facing a tough job market, the two jumped into farming as apprentices with a Vermont cheese maker. They fell in love with the goats and later met a couple that allowed them to use their land to raise goats of their own. That gave them the opportunity to start their goat milk caramel business. With a USDA guaranteed loan the couple bought Big Picture Farm and has seen their business grow. They recently secured their largest customer – Anthropologie clothing store will be carrying the caramels in more than 140 stores. Read more (Vermont Public Radio).
Get Email Updates
- Cane and Beet Sugar Reassignments Announced https://t.co/ZG91AGm5bU 09:27PM - 28 Aug 2015
- Cane and Beet Sugar Reassignments Announced: Cane and Beet Sugar Reassignments Announced No Actions will ... http://t.co/hEY1yxofEx 09:07PM - 28 Aug 2015
- Daily Market Rates effective 08/28/2015 http://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:17AM - 28 Aug 2015
- Landowner Reduces Erosion and Enhances Wildlife Habitat in Mississippi Delta #CRPis30 http://t.co/vw5h9X9XQf 10:04PM - 27 Aug 2015
- Daily Market Rates effective 08/27/2015 http://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:21AM - 27 Aug 2015