Louisa Conrad and Lucas Farrell have found their niche. After facing a tough job market, the two jumped into farming as apprentices with a Vermont cheese maker. They fell in love with the goats and later met a couple that allowed them to use their land to raise goats of their own. That gave them the opportunity to start their goat milk caramel business. With a USDA guaranteed loan the couple bought Big Picture Farm and has seen their business grow. They recently secured their largest customer – Anthropologie clothing store will be carrying the caramels in more than 140 stores. Read more (Vermont Public Radio).
Get Email Updates
- USDA Expands Grasslands Conservation Program to Small-Scale Livestock Producers https://t.co/umgtV2Bvva 05:26PM - 13 Jan 2017
- Daily Market Rates effective 1/13/2017 https://t.co/CjDtx88TvO 12:06PM - 13 Jan 2017
- USDA Announces Farm Service Agency Cooperative Agreements https://t.co/PqeNW7ZmjR 06:26PM - 12 Jan 2017
- Daily Market Rates effective 1/12/2017 https://t.co/CjDtx88TvO 12:22PM - 12 Jan 2017
- USDA’s Farm Service Agency Expands Bridges to Opportunity Nationwide https://t.co/GdmtFrPdlY 03:25PM - 11 Jan 2017