Louisa Conrad and Lucas Farrell have found their niche. After facing a tough job market, the two jumped into farming as apprentices with a Vermont cheese maker. They fell in love with the goats and later met a couple that allowed them to use their land to raise goats of their own. That gave them the opportunity to start their goat milk caramel business. With a USDA guaranteed loan the couple bought Big Picture Farm and has seen their business grow. They recently secured their largest customer – Anthropologie clothing store will be carrying the caramels in more than 140 stores. Read more (Vermont Public Radio).
Get Email Updates
- Daily Market Rates effective 07/26/2016 https://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:06AM - 26 Jul 2016
- TX FSA & Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service experts discuss the Cotton Ginning Cost Share Program-deadline Aug. 5 https://t.co/ubXWwFjq6f 07:47PM - 25 Jul 2016
- Only one week left to submit nomination forms for the #FSA County Committee https://t.co/dK2YbwB4Xs 01:57PM - 25 Jul 2016
- Daily Market Rates effective 07/25/2016 https://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:21AM - 25 Jul 2016
- Daily Market Rates effective 07/22/2016 https://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:11AM - 22 Jul 2016