Louisa Conrad and Lucas Farrell have found their niche. After facing a tough job market, the two jumped into farming as apprentices with a Vermont cheese maker. They fell in love with the goats and later met a couple that allowed them to use their land to raise goats of their own. That gave them the opportunity to start their goat milk caramel business. With a USDA guaranteed loan the couple bought Big Picture Farm and has seen their business grow. They recently secured their largest customer – Anthropologie clothing store will be carrying the caramels in more than 140 stores. Read more (Vermont Public Radio).
Get Email Updates
- Grant Opportunity: Outreach & Assistance for Socially Disadvantaged Farmers & Ranchers & Veteran Farmers & Ranchers http://t.co/LeOcF5792x 02:20PM - 28 Jul 2014
- Daily Market Rates effective 07/28/2014 http://t.co/JYHM1ttz4o 11:12AM - 28 Jul 2014
- One more week to get your FSA County Committee nomination form in before the Aug. 1 deadline http://t.co/yB60UK6Ge2 04:45PM - 25 Jul 2014
- Grant Opportunity: Outreach & Assistance for Socially Disadvantaged Farmers & Ranchers & Veteran Farmers & Ranchers http://t.co/LeOcF5792x 01:20PM - 25 Jul 2014
- Daily Market Rates effective 07/25/2014 http://t.co/JYHM1ttz4o 11:12AM - 25 Jul 2014