Louisa Conrad and Lucas Farrell have found their niche. After facing a tough job market, the two jumped into farming as apprentices with a Vermont cheese maker. They fell in love with the goats and later met a couple that allowed them to use their land to raise goats of their own. That gave them the opportunity to start their goat milk caramel business. With a USDA guaranteed loan the couple bought Big Picture Farm and has seen their business grow. They recently secured their largest customer – Anthropologie clothing store will be carrying the caramels in more than 140 stores. Read more (Vermont Public Radio).
Get Email Updates
- New Mexico brothers share FSA youth loan, don't hog competition spotlight https://t.co/nYX4e63Iqp 04:39PM - 29 Apr 2016
- USDA Offers New Loans for Portable Farm Storage and Handling Equipment https://t.co/vO8HgXELfM 03:27PM - 29 Apr 2016
- Daily Market Rates effective 04/29/2016 https://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:05AM - 29 Apr 2016
- Young Farmer Starts Strong with FSA Farm Loans https://t.co/lvHyd73D7T 07:48PM - 28 Apr 2016
- Daily Market Rates effective 04/28/2016 https://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:11AM - 28 Apr 2016