Louisa Conrad and Lucas Farrell have found their niche. After facing a tough job market, the two jumped into farming as apprentices with a Vermont cheese maker. They fell in love with the goats and later met a couple that allowed them to use their land to raise goats of their own. That gave them the opportunity to start their goat milk caramel business. With a USDA guaranteed loan the couple bought Big Picture Farm and has seen their business grow. They recently secured their largest customer – Anthropologie clothing store will be carrying the caramels in more than 140 stores. Read more (Vermont Public Radio).
Get Email Updates
- Daily Market Rates effective 07/30/2015 http://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:17AM - 30 Jul 2015
- Daily Market Rates effective 07/29/2015 http://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:17AM - 29 Jul 2015
- Daily Market Rates effective 07/28/2015 http://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:11AM - 28 Jul 2015
- Microloan Sets Stage for School Counselor to Retire to Family Ranching Operation in Southwest Georgia http://t.co/K1JuH9e2y7 08:37PM - 27 Jul 2015
- Daily Market Rates effective 07/27/2015 http://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:07AM - 27 Jul 2015