Louisa Conrad and Lucas Farrell have found their niche. After facing a tough job market, the two jumped into farming as apprentices with a Vermont cheese maker. They fell in love with the goats and later met a couple that allowed them to use their land to raise goats of their own. That gave them the opportunity to start their goat milk caramel business. With a USDA guaranteed loan the couple bought Big Picture Farm and has seen their business grow. They recently secured their largest customer – Anthropologie clothing store will be carrying the caramels in more than 140 stores. Read more (Vermont Public Radio).
Get Email Updates
- On Earth Day and every day, U.S. farmers and ranchers are stewards of the Earth. Happy #EarthDay2017 from USDA’s Farm Service Agency! 09:16PM - 21 Apr 2017
- Daily Market Rates effective 4/21/2017 https://t.co/CjDtx88TvO 11:16AM - 21 Apr 2017
- Daily Market Rates effective 4/20/2017 https://t.co/CjDtx88TvO 11:22AM - 20 Apr 2017
- Daily Market Rates effective 4/19/2017 https://t.co/CjDtx88TvO 11:21AM - 19 Apr 2017
- Daily Market Rates effective 4/18/2017 https://t.co/CjDtx88TvO 11:01AM - 18 Apr 2017