Louisa Conrad and Lucas Farrell have found their niche. After facing a tough job market, the two jumped into farming as apprentices with a Vermont cheese maker. They fell in love with the goats and later met a couple that allowed them to use their land to raise goats of their own. That gave them the opportunity to start their goat milk caramel business. With a USDA guaranteed loan the couple bought Big Picture Farm and has seen their business grow. They recently secured their largest customer – Anthropologie clothing store will be carrying the caramels in more than 140 stores. Read more (Vermont Public Radio).
Get Email Updates
- Reminder: Deadline for @USDA Dairy Margin Protection Program extended to Dec. 5. http://t.co/PEu5VjX9i7 #dairy #rancher #farmer 05:20PM - 21 Nov 2014
- Daily Market Rates effective 11/21/2014 http://t.co/Pt9swrT0AU 12:04PM - 21 Nov 2014
- MT @PeoplesGarden: Tmrw (Nov 21) is last day for @USDA #FarmersMarket. Stop by if you’re in #DC metro area! http://t.co/Kzs9cvWgPA 08:10PM - 20 Nov 2014
- Daily Market Rates effective 11/20/2014 http://t.co/Pt9swrT0AU 12:06PM - 20 Nov 2014
- Daily Market Rates effective 11/19/2014 http://t.co/Pt9swrT0AU 12:21PM - 19 Nov 2014