Louisa Conrad and Lucas Farrell have found their niche. After facing a tough job market, the two jumped into farming as apprentices with a Vermont cheese maker. They fell in love with the goats and later met a couple that allowed them to use their land to raise goats of their own. That gave them the opportunity to start their goat milk caramel business. With a USDA guaranteed loan the couple bought Big Picture Farm and has seen their business grow. They recently secured their largest customer – Anthropologie clothing store will be carrying the caramels in more than 140 stores. Read more (Vermont Public Radio).
Get Email Updates
- Did you #vote in #FSA County Committee Elections? There’s still time left. Return your ballot by Dec. 7. https://t.co/5kLslvJCy3 03:30PM - 25 Nov 2015
- Daily Market Rates effective 11/25/2015 https://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 12:06PM - 25 Nov 2015
- Daily Market Rates effective 11/24/2015 https://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 12:06PM - 24 Nov 2015
- Application deadline for next round of outreach & farmer education funding is 1/22/2016 https://t.co/5eANTmofFI #FSAOutreach 03:35PM - 23 Nov 2015
- Two weeks left to #vote in #FSA County Committee Elections. Return your ballot today! https://t.co/5kLslvJCy3 #farmer #rancher 03:33PM - 23 Nov 2015