Louisa Conrad and Lucas Farrell have found their niche. After facing a tough job market, the two jumped into farming as apprentices with a Vermont cheese maker. They fell in love with the goats and later met a couple that allowed them to use their land to raise goats of their own. That gave them the opportunity to start their goat milk caramel business. With a USDA guaranteed loan the couple bought Big Picture Farm and has seen their business grow. They recently secured their largest customer – Anthropologie clothing store will be carrying the caramels in more than 140 stores. Read more (Vermont Public Radio).
Get Email Updates
- Enrollment for New Dairy Farm Risk Management Program to Begin Sept. 2 http://t.co/LCvEnRc5lB 03:27PM - 28 Aug 2014
- Enrollment for New Dairy Farm Risk Management Program to Begin Sept. 2: Release No. 0191.14 ... http://t.co/hqlfqC1WwM 02:31PM - 28 Aug 2014
- Daily Market Rates effective 08/28/2014 http://t.co/HBhosek8U0 11:11AM - 28 Aug 2014
- Daily Market Rates effective 08/27/2014 http://t.co/HBhosek8U0 11:12AM - 27 Aug 2014
- USDA _ERS will host a webinar on the new 2014 forecast for farm sector and household income today @ 1 p.m. ET http://t.co/0moN0YyEqw 12:31PM - 26 Aug 2014