Connecticut State Executive Director Bryan Hurlburt set up a Skype session with U.S. Senator Chris Murphy and high school students at Trumbull’s regional Agriscience and Biotechnology Center to encourage them to embrace the entrepreneurial spirit of farming. “We are a state of entrepreneurs,” Murphy said. “The legacy businesses of our state aren’t expanding, so it’s the small businesses that are our future. We will need you to create some jobs in the future.” One student, Matilda Brady, received an FSA Rural Youth Loan to raise and market pigs as part of a supervised agricultural project with the school. Brady was presented with an FSA sign for her successful business. Read more (Trumbull Times).
Get Email Updates
- Daily Market Rates effective 3/24/2017 https://t.co/CjDtx88TvO 11:12AM - 24 Mar 2017
- Daily Market Rates effective 3/23/2017 https://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:10AM - 23 Mar 2017
- Daily Market Rates effective 3/22/2017 https://t.co/CjDtx88TvO 11:06AM - 22 Mar 2017
- Happy National Ag Day from the USDA Farm Service Agency! Next time you get the chance, thank a farmer or rancher.… https://t.co/n1C526JfaN 02:22PM - 21 Mar 2017
- Daily Market Rates effective 3/21/2017 https://t.co/CjDtx88TvO 11:10AM - 21 Mar 2017