The U.S. Department of Agriculture has named Karis T. Gutter as the first Military Veterans Agricultural Liaison. Gutter is a Marine Corps Reserve veteran and current Deputy Under Secretary for Farm and Foreign Agricultural Services. In this position, Gutter will coordinate USDA leadership across the Department to provide information, resources and support for active duty military and veterans interested in agriculture. Since 2009, USDA has invested in housing, job training and financial assistance for veterans, including integrating veterans into USDA efforts for new and beginning farmers, investing $5.4 million to veterans through Farm Service Agency Emergency Loans and providing safe and sound housing through Rural Development’s Rural Housing Service by making 9,301 single family guaranteed housing loans, 952 direct home loans, 766 home improvement loans and 1,445 home improvement grants to veterans and their families. Read more.
Get Email Updates
- Daily Market Rates effective 11/24/2014 http://t.co/Pt9swrT0AU 12:04PM - 24 Nov 2014
- Reminder: Deadline for @USDA Dairy Margin Protection Program extended to Dec. 5. http://t.co/PEu5VjX9i7 #dairy #rancher #farmer 05:20PM - 21 Nov 2014
- Daily Market Rates effective 11/21/2014 http://t.co/Pt9swrT0AU 12:04PM - 21 Nov 2014
- MT @PeoplesGarden: Tmrw (Nov 21) is last day for @USDA #FarmersMarket. Stop by if you’re in #DC metro area! http://t.co/Kzs9cvWgPA 08:10PM - 20 Nov 2014
- Daily Market Rates effective 11/20/2014 http://t.co/Pt9swrT0AU 12:06PM - 20 Nov 2014