Walking through 50 rows of nearly 100,000 corn stalks is what an Idaho FSA county executive director calls a blessing. “This can take $100 to $200 off a grocery bill,” said Lance Phillips, CED in the Twin Falls office, who volunteered his time to glean a corn field at Rock Ridge Dairy in Castleford, Idaho. “Gleaning…is a blessing.” Owners of the field planted it so employees could take what they needed. The crop was so successful that it turned into a community garden where community members could come and glean. Phillips donates the corn to soup kitchens, local food banks and the Salvation Army. Read more (Times-News).
Get Email Updates
- Daily Market Rates effective 06/24/2016 https://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:02AM - 24 Jun 2016
- During National Pollinator Week, USDA Announces Key https://t.co/DZQjTfs1qy 04:33PM - 23 Jun 2016
- Daily Market Rates effective 06/23/2016 https://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:14AM - 23 Jun 2016
- Daily Market Rates effective 06/22/2016 https://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:13AM - 22 Jun 2016
- Daily Market Rates effective 06/21/2016 https://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:06AM - 21 Jun 2016