Walking through 50 rows of nearly 100,000 corn stalks is what an Idaho FSA county executive director calls a blessing. “This can take $100 to $200 off a grocery bill,” said Lance Phillips, CED in the Twin Falls office, who volunteered his time to glean a corn field at Rock Ridge Dairy in Castleford, Idaho. “Gleaning…is a blessing.” Owners of the field planted it so employees could take what they needed. The crop was so successful that it turned into a community garden where community members could come and glean. Phillips donates the corn to soup kitchens, local food banks and the Salvation Army. Read more (Times-News).
Get Email Updates
- Daily Market Rates effective 05/28/2015 http://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:06AM - 28 May 2015
- Daily Market Rates effective 05/27/2015 http://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:35AM - 27 May 2015
- Daily Market Rates effective 05/26/2015 http://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:02AM - 26 May 2015
- Daily Market Rates effective 05/22/2015 http://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:22AM - 22 May 2015
- USDA Reminds Farmers to Certify Conservation Compliance by June 1 Deadline: Release 0144.15 ... http://t.co/xRxN2sj7xn 05:38PM - 21 May 2015