Walking through 50 rows of nearly 100,000 corn stalks is what an Idaho FSA county executive director calls a blessing. “This can take $100 to $200 off a grocery bill,” said Lance Phillips, CED in the Twin Falls office, who volunteered his time to glean a corn field at Rock Ridge Dairy in Castleford, Idaho. “Gleaning…is a blessing.” Owners of the field planted it so employees could take what they needed. The crop was so successful that it turned into a community garden where community members could come and glean. Phillips donates the corn to soup kitchens, local food banks and the Salvation Army. Read more (Times-News).
Get Email Updates
- Daily Market Rates effective 04/18/2014 http://t.co/JYHM1ttz4o 11:11AM - 18 Apr 2014
- Daily Market Rates effective 04/17/2014 http://t.co/JYHM1ttz4o 11:06AM - 17 Apr 2014
- Daily Market Rates effective 04/16/2014 http://t.co/JYHM1ttz4o 11:12AM - 16 Apr 2014
- USDA Announces 2014 Cotton Loan Rate Differentials http://t.co/1BNeryzEFc 06:26PM - 15 Apr 2014
- USDA Announces 2014 Cotton Loan Rate Differentials: Release 0064.14 USDA Announ... http://t.co/b7ZG8UUWr1 05:39PM - 15 Apr 2014