Walking through 50 rows of nearly 100,000 corn stalks is what an Idaho FSA county executive director calls a blessing. “This can take $100 to $200 off a grocery bill,” said Lance Phillips, CED in the Twin Falls office, who volunteered his time to glean a corn field at Rock Ridge Dairy in Castleford, Idaho. “Gleaning…is a blessing.” Owners of the field planted it so employees could take what they needed. The crop was so successful that it turned into a community garden where community members could come and glean. Phillips donates the corn to soup kitchens, local food banks and the Salvation Army. Read more (Times-News).
Get Email Updates
- Daily Market Rates effective 09/27/2016 https://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:21AM - 27 Sep 2016
- Daily Market Rates effective 09/26/2016 https://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:16AM - 26 Sep 2016
- USDA Announces Fiscal Year 2017 Sugar Loan Rates, Allotment and Marketing Allocations https://t.co/RGAWGIN8RK 07:28PM - 23 Sep 2016
- Daily Market Rates effective 09/23/2016 https://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:21AM - 23 Sep 2016
- Daily Market Rates effective 09/22/2016 https://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:18AM - 22 Sep 2016