Walking through 50 rows of nearly 100,000 corn stalks is what an Idaho FSA county executive director calls a blessing. “This can take $100 to $200 off a grocery bill,” said Lance Phillips, CED in the Twin Falls office, who volunteered his time to glean a corn field at Rock Ridge Dairy in Castleford, Idaho. “Gleaning…is a blessing.” Owners of the field planted it so employees could take what they needed. The crop was so successful that it turned into a community garden where community members could come and glean. Phillips donates the corn to soup kitchens, local food banks and the Salvation Army. Read more (Times-News).
Get Email Updates
- Daily Market Rates effective 10/24/2014 http://t.co/HBhosek8U0 11:05AM - 24 Oct 2014
- Daily Market Rates effective 10/23/2014 http://t.co/HBhosek8U0 11:12AM - 23 Oct 2014
- Daily Market Rates effective 10/22/2014 http://t.co/HBhosek8U0 11:07AM - 22 Oct 2014
- @USDA to Launch New Farm Bill Program to Help Provide Relief to #Farmers Affected by Severe Weather http://t.co/mLFAXHXoYO 06:32PM - 21 Oct 2014
- Daily Market Rates effective 10/21/2014 http://t.co/HBhosek8U0 11:11AM - 21 Oct 2014