Walking through 50 rows of nearly 100,000 corn stalks is what an Idaho FSA county executive director calls a blessing. “This can take $100 to $200 off a grocery bill,” said Lance Phillips, CED in the Twin Falls office, who volunteered his time to glean a corn field at Rock Ridge Dairy in Castleford, Idaho. “Gleaning…is a blessing.” Owners of the field planted it so employees could take what they needed. The crop was so successful that it turned into a community garden where community members could come and glean. Phillips donates the corn to soup kitchens, local food banks and the Salvation Army. Read more (Times-News).
Get Email Updates
- Daily Market Rates effective 07/29/2014 http://t.co/JYHM1ttz4o 11:18AM - 29 Jul 2014
- Grant Opportunity: Outreach & Assistance for Socially Disadvantaged Farmers & Ranchers & Veteran Farmers & Ranchers http://t.co/LeOcF5792x 02:20PM - 28 Jul 2014
- Daily Market Rates effective 07/28/2014 http://t.co/JYHM1ttz4o 11:12AM - 28 Jul 2014
- One more week to get your FSA County Committee nomination form in before the Aug. 1 deadline http://t.co/yB60UK6Ge2 04:45PM - 25 Jul 2014
- Grant Opportunity: Outreach & Assistance for Socially Disadvantaged Farmers & Ranchers & Veteran Farmers & Ranchers http://t.co/LeOcF5792x 01:20PM - 25 Jul 2014