Walking through 50 rows of nearly 100,000 corn stalks is what an Idaho FSA county executive director calls a blessing. “This can take $100 to $200 off a grocery bill,” said Lance Phillips, CED in the Twin Falls office, who volunteered his time to glean a corn field at Rock Ridge Dairy in Castleford, Idaho. “Gleaning…is a blessing.” Owners of the field planted it so employees could take what they needed. The crop was so successful that it turned into a community garden where community members could come and glean. Phillips donates the corn to soup kitchens, local food banks and the Salvation Army. Read more (Times-News).
Get Email Updates
- Daily Market Rates effective 3/24/2017 https://t.co/CjDtx88TvO 11:12AM - 24 Mar 2017
- Daily Market Rates effective 3/23/2017 https://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:10AM - 23 Mar 2017
- Daily Market Rates effective 3/22/2017 https://t.co/CjDtx88TvO 11:06AM - 22 Mar 2017
- Happy National Ag Day from the USDA Farm Service Agency! Next time you get the chance, thank a farmer or rancher.… https://t.co/n1C526JfaN 02:22PM - 21 Mar 2017
- Daily Market Rates effective 3/21/2017 https://t.co/CjDtx88TvO 11:10AM - 21 Mar 2017