Walking through 50 rows of nearly 100,000 corn stalks is what an Idaho FSA county executive director calls a blessing. “This can take $100 to $200 off a grocery bill,” said Lance Phillips, CED in the Twin Falls office, who volunteered his time to glean a corn field at Rock Ridge Dairy in Castleford, Idaho. “Gleaning…is a blessing.” Owners of the field planted it so employees could take what they needed. The crop was so successful that it turned into a community garden where community members could come and glean. Phillips donates the corn to soup kitchens, local food banks and the Salvation Army. Read more (Times-News).
Get Email Updates
- USDA Announces Commodity Credit Corporation Lending Rates April 2015 http://t.co/3cwmQiTUsV 01:27PM - 1 Apr 2015
- USDA Announces Commodity Credit Corporation Lending Rates April 2015: Release No. 0035.15 ... http://t.co/LXRx0Japoh 01:04PM - 1 Apr 2015
- Daily Market Rates effective 04/01/2015 http://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:06AM - 1 Apr 2015
- Daily Market Rates effective 03/31/2015 http://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:07AM - 31 Mar 2015
- Daily Market Rates effective 03/30/2015 http://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:03AM - 31 Mar 2015