Walking through 50 rows of nearly 100,000 corn stalks is what an Idaho FSA county executive director calls a blessing. “This can take $100 to $200 off a grocery bill,” said Lance Phillips, CED in the Twin Falls office, who volunteered his time to glean a corn field at Rock Ridge Dairy in Castleford, Idaho. “Gleaning…is a blessing.” Owners of the field planted it so employees could take what they needed. The crop was so successful that it turned into a community garden where community members could come and glean. Phillips donates the corn to soup kitchens, local food banks and the Salvation Army. Read more (Times-News).
Get Email Updates
- Daily Market Rates effective 07/31/2015 http://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:26AM - 31 Jul 2015
- Daily Market Rates effective 07/30/2015 http://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:17AM - 30 Jul 2015
- Daily Market Rates effective 07/29/2015 http://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:17AM - 29 Jul 2015
- Daily Market Rates effective 07/28/2015 http://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:11AM - 28 Jul 2015
- Microloan Sets Stage for School Counselor to Retire to Family Ranching Operation in Southwest Georgia http://t.co/K1JuH9e2y7 08:37PM - 27 Jul 2015