Walking through 50 rows of nearly 100,000 corn stalks is what an Idaho FSA county executive director calls a blessing. “This can take $100 to $200 off a grocery bill,” said Lance Phillips, CED in the Twin Falls office, who volunteered his time to glean a corn field at Rock Ridge Dairy in Castleford, Idaho. “Gleaning…is a blessing.” Owners of the field planted it so employees could take what they needed. The crop was so successful that it turned into a community garden where community members could come and glean. Phillips donates the corn to soup kitchens, local food banks and the Salvation Army. Read more (Times-News).
Get Email Updates
- Daily Market Rates effective 08/19/2014 http://t.co/JYHM1ttz4o 11:06AM - 19 Aug 2014
- Daily Market Rates effective 08/18/2014 http://t.co/JYHM1ttz4o 11:12AM - 18 Aug 2014
- Daily Market Rates effective 08/15/2014 http://t.co/JYHM1ttz4o 11:06AM - 15 Aug 2014
- Daily Market Rates effective 08/14/2014 http://t.co/JYHM1ttz4o 11:21AM - 14 Aug 2014
- USDA Amplía Plazo para el Programa de Asistencia de Emergencia para Ganado, Abejas de Miel y Pescado Criado e... http://t.co/fkYNGYFH0Z 04:27PM - 13 Aug 2014