Walking through 50 rows of nearly 100,000 corn stalks is what an Idaho FSA county executive director calls a blessing. “This can take $100 to $200 off a grocery bill,” said Lance Phillips, CED in the Twin Falls office, who volunteered his time to glean a corn field at Rock Ridge Dairy in Castleford, Idaho. “Gleaning…is a blessing.” Owners of the field planted it so employees could take what they needed. The crop was so successful that it turned into a community garden where community members could come and glean. Phillips donates the corn to soup kitchens, local food banks and the Salvation Army. Read more (Times-News).
Get Email Updates
- Daily Market Rates effective 2/21/2017 https://t.co/CjDtx88TvO 12:05PM - 21 Feb 2017
- Daily Market Rates effective 2/17/2017 https://t.co/CjDtx88TvO 12:17PM - 17 Feb 2017
- Daily Market Rates effective 2/16/2017 https://t.co/CjDtx88TvO 12:10PM - 16 Feb 2017
- Daily Market Rates effective 2/15/2017 https://t.co/CjDtx88TvO 12:17PM - 15 Feb 2017
- Daily Market Rates effective 2/14/2017 https://t.co/CjDtx88TvO 12:06PM - 14 Feb 2017