Walking through 50 rows of nearly 100,000 corn stalks is what an Idaho FSA county executive director calls a blessing. “This can take $100 to $200 off a grocery bill,” said Lance Phillips, CED in the Twin Falls office, who volunteered his time to glean a corn field at Rock Ridge Dairy in Castleford, Idaho. “Gleaning…is a blessing.” Owners of the field planted it so employees could take what they needed. The crop was so successful that it turned into a community garden where community members could come and glean. Phillips donates the corn to soup kitchens, local food banks and the Salvation Army. Read more (Times-News).
Get Email Updates
- Daily Market Rates effective 10/20/2014 http://t.co/HBhosek8U0 11:07AM - 20 Oct 2014
- RT @PFBKristina: @usdafsa Admin Val Dolcini and PA State Exec Director Bill Wehry visited @PAFarmBureau today. http://t.co/7oAMcSJCX1 11:08AM - 17 Oct 2014
- #FSA Loan Gives Boost to New Farmers - Get 'into the dirt': More young people start farms http://t.co/acDc9G2bjf 11:07AM - 17 Oct 2014
- Daily Market Rates effective 10/17/2014 http://t.co/HBhosek8U0 11:06AM - 17 Oct 2014
- Daily Market Rates effective 10/16/2014 http://t.co/HBhosek8U0 11:05AM - 16 Oct 2014