Walking through 50 rows of nearly 100,000 corn stalks is what an Idaho FSA county executive director calls a blessing. “This can take $100 to $200 off a grocery bill,” said Lance Phillips, CED in the Twin Falls office, who volunteered his time to glean a corn field at Rock Ridge Dairy in Castleford, Idaho. “Gleaning…is a blessing.” Owners of the field planted it so employees could take what they needed. The crop was so successful that it turned into a community garden where community members could come and glean. Phillips donates the corn to soup kitchens, local food banks and the Salvation Army. Read more (Times-News).
Get Email Updates
- Daily Market Rates effective 10/06/2015 http://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:12AM - 6 Oct 2015
- Ventura man restores prairie with FSA program #CRPis30 http://t.co/BAAPs3ZraN 04:47PM - 5 Oct 2015
- Daily Market Rates effective 10/05/2015 http://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:21AM - 5 Oct 2015
- Daily Market Rates effective 10/02/2015 http://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:22AM - 2 Oct 2015
- 2016 Upland Cotton Marketing Assistance Loan Rate Announced: 2016 Upland Cotton Marketing Assistance Loan Rate... https://t.co/SZdoeb4Sny 08:37PM - 1 Oct 2015