Walking through 50 rows of nearly 100,000 corn stalks is what an Idaho FSA county executive director calls a blessing. “This can take $100 to $200 off a grocery bill,” said Lance Phillips, CED in the Twin Falls office, who volunteered his time to glean a corn field at Rock Ridge Dairy in Castleford, Idaho. “Gleaning…is a blessing.” Owners of the field planted it so employees could take what they needed. The crop was so successful that it turned into a community garden where community members could come and glean. Phillips donates the corn to soup kitchens, local food banks and the Salvation Army. Read more (Times-News).
Get Email Updates
- Daily Market Rates effective 07/27/2016 https://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:16AM - 27 Jul 2016
- Daily Market Rates effective 07/26/2016 https://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:06AM - 26 Jul 2016
- TX FSA & Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service experts discuss the Cotton Ginning Cost Share Program-deadline Aug. 5 https://t.co/ubXWwFjq6f 07:47PM - 25 Jul 2016
- Only one week left to submit nomination forms for the #FSA County Committee https://t.co/dK2YbwB4Xs 01:57PM - 25 Jul 2016
- Daily Market Rates effective 07/25/2016 https://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:21AM - 25 Jul 2016