Walking through 50 rows of nearly 100,000 corn stalks is what an Idaho FSA county executive director calls a blessing. “This can take $100 to $200 off a grocery bill,” said Lance Phillips, CED in the Twin Falls office, who volunteered his time to glean a corn field at Rock Ridge Dairy in Castleford, Idaho. “Gleaning…is a blessing.” Owners of the field planted it so employees could take what they needed. The crop was so successful that it turned into a community garden where community members could come and glean. Phillips donates the corn to soup kitchens, local food banks and the Salvation Army. Read more (Times-News).
Get Email Updates
- USDA Selects 36 Energy Facilities to Accept Biomass Deliveries http://t.co/F1yEjiQtJp 11:28PM - 23 Jul 2014
- USDA Selects 36 Energy Facilities to Accept Biomass Deliveries: Release 0157.14 ... http://t.co/AzFP98t6it 06:08PM - 23 Jul 2014
- Daily Market Rates effective 07/23/2014 http://t.co/JYHM1ttz4o 11:10AM - 23 Jul 2014
- Pelting Weeds with Particles Instead of Spraying Them with Herbicides http://t.co/GQi2OLplKK 01:09PM - 22 Jul 2014
- Daily Market Rates effective 07/22/2014 http://t.co/JYHM1ttz4o 11:47AM - 22 Jul 2014