Walking through 50 rows of nearly 100,000 corn stalks is what an Idaho FSA county executive director calls a blessing. “This can take $100 to $200 off a grocery bill,” said Lance Phillips, CED in the Twin Falls office, who volunteered his time to glean a corn field at Rock Ridge Dairy in Castleford, Idaho. “Gleaning…is a blessing.” Owners of the field planted it so employees could take what they needed. The crop was so successful that it turned into a community garden where community members could come and glean. Phillips donates the corn to soup kitchens, local food banks and the Salvation Army. Read more (Times-News).
Get Email Updates
- Daily Market Rates effective 02/13/2015 http://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 12:03PM - 13 Feb 2015
- Daily Market Rates effective 02/12/2015 http://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 12:16PM - 12 Feb 2015
- RT @usda: The Carr family farm was hit hard by historic OK drought. #MyFarmBill is helping them rebuild http://t.co/x8wdfbTqw4 12:42PM - 11 Feb 2015
- Daily Market Rates effective 02/11/2015 http://t.co/CjDtx88TvO 12:11PM - 11 Feb 2015
- Daily Market Rates effective 02/10/2015 http://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 12:12PM - 10 Feb 2015