Walking through 50 rows of nearly 100,000 corn stalks is what an Idaho FSA county executive director calls a blessing. “This can take $100 to $200 off a grocery bill,” said Lance Phillips, CED in the Twin Falls office, who volunteered his time to glean a corn field at Rock Ridge Dairy in Castleford, Idaho. “Gleaning…is a blessing.” Owners of the field planted it so employees could take what they needed. The crop was so successful that it turned into a community garden where community members could come and glean. Phillips donates the corn to soup kitchens, local food banks and the Salvation Army. Read more (Times-News).
Get Email Updates
- Daily Market Rates effective 02/05/2016 https://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 12:16PM - 5 Feb 2016
- Daily Market Rates effective 02/04/2016 https://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 12:18PM - 4 Feb 2016
- USDA To Offer Certificates for Farm Commodities Pledged to Marketing Loans https://t.co/rDnZMhRueT 08:27PM - 3 Feb 2016
- Daily Market Rates effective 02/03/2016 https://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 12:11PM - 3 Feb 2016
- Daily Market Rates effective 02/02/2016 https://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 12:11PM - 2 Feb 2016