Walking through 50 rows of nearly 100,000 corn stalks is what an Idaho FSA county executive director calls a blessing. “This can take $100 to $200 off a grocery bill,” said Lance Phillips, CED in the Twin Falls office, who volunteered his time to glean a corn field at Rock Ridge Dairy in Castleford, Idaho. “Gleaning…is a blessing.” Owners of the field planted it so employees could take what they needed. The crop was so successful that it turned into a community garden where community members could come and glean. Phillips donates the corn to soup kitchens, local food banks and the Salvation Army. Read more (Times-News).
Get Email Updates
- USDA Enhances Farm Storage Facility Loan Program: USDA Enhances Farm Storage Facility Loan Program ... http://t.co/wMdNWgY817 07:31PM - 10 Mar 2014
- USDA Enhances Farm Storage Facility Loan Program http://t.co/CpyPXOw9f1 07:26PM - 10 Mar 2014
- USDA Announces Efforts to Expand Support for Small and Mid-Sized #Farmers & #Ranchers http://t.co/osvbJvRjFp 05:38PM - 10 Mar 2014
- USDA Releases Latest Crop Production Report. View it here http://t.co/6AL3fszTXE 04:08PM - 10 Mar 2014
- USDA FY 2015 Budget Summary and Annual Performance Plan http://t.co/9kQQ3GeSQv 03:51PM - 10 Mar 2014