Walking through 50 rows of nearly 100,000 corn stalks is what an Idaho FSA county executive director calls a blessing. “This can take $100 to $200 off a grocery bill,” said Lance Phillips, CED in the Twin Falls office, who volunteered his time to glean a corn field at Rock Ridge Dairy in Castleford, Idaho. “Gleaning…is a blessing.” Owners of the field planted it so employees could take what they needed. The crop was so successful that it turned into a community garden where community members could come and glean. Phillips donates the corn to soup kitchens, local food banks and the Salvation Army. Read more (Times-News).
Get Email Updates
- Daily Market Rates effective 10/21/2016 https://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 04:16PM - 21 Oct 2016
- USDA Announces Streamlined Guaranteed Loans and Additional Lender Category for Small-Scale Operators https://t.co/Wtixs32dAr 11:30PM - 20 Oct 2016
- Daily Market Rates effective 10/20/2016 https://t.co/CjDtx88TvO 04:15PM - 20 Oct 2016
- Daily Market Rates effective 10/19/2016 https://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:18AM - 19 Oct 2016
- Daily Market Rates effective 10/18/2016 https://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:16AM - 18 Oct 2016