Late season rains helped soybeans rebound according to the October USDA Crop Progress Report released yesterday. Despite the historic drought the overall planted areas for soybeans increased to 77.2 billion acres, up 1.1 billion from last month. Harvested acres also saw an increase to 75.7 billion. Corn planted and harvested was slightly up, but yields lowered to 122 bushels per acre, reflecting a 2 percent reduction in total supply. Listen to more or review the crop report.
Get Email Updates
- Daily Market Rates effective 11/25/2014 http://t.co/Pt9swrT0AU 12:05PM - 25 Nov 2014
- #Dairy farmers have one week to apply for Dairy Margin Protection Program. Deadline is Dec. 5. http://t.co/8b8EffpDh5 #rancher 11:05PM - 24 Nov 2014
- USDA Disaster Assistance to Help Thousands of Honeybee, Livestock and Farm-Raised Fish Producers http://t.co/8JkpywAsTi 05:27PM - 24 Nov 2014
- USDA Disaster Assistance to Help Thousands of Honeybee, Livestock and Farm-Raised Fish Producers: Release No. ... http://t.co/ocjJB41HPi 05:04PM - 24 Nov 2014
- One week left to submit ballots for 2014 #FSA county committee elections. Deadline is Dec. 1 http://t.co/BV1pHvfcYO 02:05PM - 24 Nov 2014