Late season rains helped soybeans rebound according to the October USDA Crop Progress Report released yesterday. Despite the historic drought the overall planted areas for soybeans increased to 77.2 billion acres, up 1.1 billion from last month. Harvested acres also saw an increase to 75.7 billion. Corn planted and harvested was slightly up, but yields lowered to 122 bushels per acre, reflecting a 2 percent reduction in total supply. Listen to more or review the crop report.
Get Email Updates
- MT @PeoplesGarden: Tmrw (Nov 21) is last day for @USDA #FarmersMarket. Stop by if you’re in #DC metro area! http://t.co/Kzs9cvWgPA 08:10PM - 20 Nov 2014
- Daily Market Rates effective 11/20/2014 http://t.co/Pt9swrT0AU 12:06PM - 20 Nov 2014
- Daily Market Rates effective 11/19/2014 http://t.co/Pt9swrT0AU 12:21PM - 19 Nov 2014
- Daily Market Rates effective 11/18/2014 http://t.co/Pt9swrT0AU 12:22PM - 18 Nov 2014
- Eligible voters must contact their #FSA county office before Dec. 1 if they did not receive a ballot http://t.co/9hv0QxALQV 05:35PM - 17 Nov 2014