Late season rains helped soybeans rebound according to the October USDA Crop Progress Report released yesterday. Despite the historic drought the overall planted areas for soybeans increased to 77.2 billion acres, up 1.1 billion from last month. Harvested acres also saw an increase to 75.7 billion. Corn planted and harvested was slightly up, but yields lowered to 122 bushels per acre, reflecting a 2 percent reduction in total supply. Listen to more or review the crop report.
Get Email Updates
- TX FSA & Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service experts discuss the Cotton Ginning Cost Share Program-deadline Aug. 5 https://t.co/ubXWwFjq6f 07:47PM - 25 Jul 2016
- Only one week left to submit nomination forms for the #FSA County Committee https://t.co/dK2YbwB4Xs 01:57PM - 25 Jul 2016
- Daily Market Rates effective 07/25/2016 https://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:21AM - 25 Jul 2016
- Daily Market Rates effective 07/22/2016 https://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:11AM - 22 Jul 2016
- USDA-FSA reminds producers of 2016 ARC/PLC enrollment deadline Aug. 1 https://t.co/7S6FWMSZvL 08:33PM - 21 Jul 2016