Late season rains helped soybeans rebound according to the October USDA Crop Progress Report released yesterday. Despite the historic drought the overall planted areas for soybeans increased to 77.2 billion acres, up 1.1 billion from last month. Harvested acres also saw an increase to 75.7 billion. Corn planted and harvested was slightly up, but yields lowered to 122 bushels per acre, reflecting a 2 percent reduction in total supply. Listen to more or review the crop report.
Get Email Updates
- USDA Extends Deadline for the Emergency Assistance for Livestock, Honeybees, and Farm-Raised Fish Program http://t.co/qnvTfAu8Oz 07:26PM - 31 Jul 2014
- USDA Extends Deadline for the Emergency Assistance for Livestock, Honeybees, and Farm-Raised Fish Program: Rel... http://t.co/1jMpzxJZCW 07:20PM - 31 Jul 2014
- One more day to have county committee nomination forms postmarked or rec'd in FSA county office by Aug. 1 deadline http://t.co/B7O4lTQIPN 03:46PM - 31 Jul 2014
- Daily Market Rates effective 07/31/2014 http://t.co/JYHM1ttz4o 11:13AM - 31 Jul 2014
- Daily Market Rates effective 07/30/2014 http://t.co/JYHM1ttz4o 11:22AM - 30 Jul 2014