Late season rains helped soybeans rebound according to the October USDA Crop Progress Report released yesterday. Despite the historic drought the overall planted areas for soybeans increased to 77.2 billion acres, up 1.1 billion from last month. Harvested acres also saw an increase to 75.7 billion. Corn planted and harvested was slightly up, but yields lowered to 122 bushels per acre, reflecting a 2 percent reduction in total supply. Listen to more or review the crop report.
Get Email Updates
- Daily Market Rates effective 10/24/2014 http://t.co/HBhosek8U0 11:05AM - 24 Oct 2014
- Daily Market Rates effective 10/23/2014 http://t.co/HBhosek8U0 11:12AM - 23 Oct 2014
- Daily Market Rates effective 10/22/2014 http://t.co/HBhosek8U0 11:07AM - 22 Oct 2014
- @USDA to Launch New Farm Bill Program to Help Provide Relief to #Farmers Affected by Severe Weather http://t.co/mLFAXHXoYO 06:32PM - 21 Oct 2014
- Daily Market Rates effective 10/21/2014 http://t.co/HBhosek8U0 11:11AM - 21 Oct 2014