Late season rains helped soybeans rebound according to the October USDA Crop Progress Report released yesterday. Despite the historic drought the overall planted areas for soybeans increased to 77.2 billion acres, up 1.1 billion from last month. Harvested acres also saw an increase to 75.7 billion. Corn planted and harvested was slightly up, but yields lowered to 122 bushels per acre, reflecting a 2 percent reduction in total supply. Listen to more or review the crop report.
Get Email Updates
- Cotton #farmers urged to apply for CTAP ASAP. http://t.co/qtRkZpmmsX 12:43PM - 29 Aug 2014
- Daily Market Rates effective 08/29/2014 http://t.co/HBhosek8U0 11:06AM - 29 Aug 2014
- Enrollment for New Dairy Farm Risk Management Program to Begin Sept. 2 http://t.co/LCvEnRc5lB 03:27PM - 28 Aug 2014
- Enrollment for New Dairy Farm Risk Management Program to Begin Sept. 2: Release No. 0191.14 ... http://t.co/hqlfqC1WwM 02:31PM - 28 Aug 2014
- Daily Market Rates effective 08/28/2014 http://t.co/HBhosek8U0 11:11AM - 28 Aug 2014