Late season rains helped soybeans rebound according to the October USDA Crop Progress Report released yesterday. Despite the historic drought the overall planted areas for soybeans increased to 77.2 billion acres, up 1.1 billion from last month. Harvested acres also saw an increase to 75.7 billion. Corn planted and harvested was slightly up, but yields lowered to 122 bushels per acre, reflecting a 2 percent reduction in total supply. Listen to more or review the crop report.
Get Email Updates
- Daily Market Rates effective 12/19/2014 http://t.co/Pt9swrT0AU 12:16PM - 19 Dec 2014
- Tomorrow is last day for #dairy #farmers to apply for Dairy Margin Protection Program http://t.co/gTPqFQwIOe 02:31PM - 18 Dec 2014
- Daily Market Rates effective 12/18/2014 http://t.co/Pt9swrT0AU 12:19PM - 18 Dec 2014
- Daily Market Rates effective 12/17/2014 http://t.co/Pt9swrT0AU 12:11PM - 17 Dec 2014
- USDA Improves Forest Health by Harvesting Biomass for Energy: USDA Improves Forest Health by Harvesting Biomas... http://t.co/OVnGaudfoX 08:57PM - 16 Dec 2014