Late season rains helped soybeans rebound according to the October USDA Crop Progress Report released yesterday. Despite the historic drought the overall planted areas for soybeans increased to 77.2 billion acres, up 1.1 billion from last month. Harvested acres also saw an increase to 75.7 billion. Corn planted and harvested was slightly up, but yields lowered to 122 bushels per acre, reflecting a 2 percent reduction in total supply. Listen to more or review the crop report.
Get Email Updates
- Nebraska siblings use FSA youth loan to start honeybee operation https://t.co/NuqSPWRAZi 08:41PM - 29 Apr 2016
- New Mexico brothers share FSA youth loan, don't hog competition spotlight https://t.co/nYX4e63Iqp 04:39PM - 29 Apr 2016
- USDA Offers New Loans for Portable Farm Storage and Handling Equipment https://t.co/vO8HgXELfM 03:27PM - 29 Apr 2016
- Daily Market Rates effective 04/29/2016 https://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 11:05AM - 29 Apr 2016
- Young Farmer Starts Strong with FSA Farm Loans https://t.co/lvHyd73D7T 07:48PM - 28 Apr 2016