USDA is transforming its image to address a legacy of discrimination by educating its workforce. In an interview with The Federal Drive, Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack said the agency is training employees to be more sensitive to people of all races. “We can pay out hundreds of millions of dollars in claims…or we can make sure those resources are available to the programs that help people,” said Vilsack. Read more.
Get Email Updates
- USDA Announces Commodity Credit Corporation Lending Rates for August 2014 http://t.co/lU8geTRuhs 01:26PM - 1 Aug 2014
- Daily Market Rates effective 08/01/2014 http://t.co/JYHM1ttz4o 11:17AM - 1 Aug 2014
- USDA Extends Deadline for the Emergency Assistance for Livestock, Honeybees, and Farm-Raised Fish Program http://t.co/qnvTfAu8Oz 07:26PM - 31 Jul 2014
- USDA Extends Deadline for the Emergency Assistance for Livestock, Honeybees, and Farm-Raised Fish Program: Rel... http://t.co/1jMpzxJZCW 07:20PM - 31 Jul 2014
- One more day to have county committee nomination forms postmarked or rec'd in FSA county office by Aug. 1 deadline http://t.co/B7O4lTQIPN 03:46PM - 31 Jul 2014