USDA is transforming its image to address a legacy of discrimination by educating its workforce. In an interview with The Federal Drive, Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack said the agency is training employees to be more sensitive to people of all races. “We can pay out hundreds of millions of dollars in claims…or we can make sure those resources are available to the programs that help people,” said Vilsack. Read more.
Get Email Updates
- @USDA to Release Crop Reports as Scheduled Today http://t.co/JFKCZ78xys Weather closure will not impact the release. 01:07PM - 10 Dec 2013
- Daily Market Rates effective 12/10/2013 http://t.co/HBhosek8U0 12:07PM - 10 Dec 2013
- Reminder: Applications for Conservation Stewardship Program due Jan. 17 http://t.co/Ydyrj4Aaw5 @USDA_NASS 08:08PM - 9 Dec 2013
- Daily Market Rates effective 12/09/2013 http://t.co/HBhosek8U0 12:23PM - 9 Dec 2013
- Report Shows #FarmBill Conservation Practices Reduce Runoff of Nutrients, Sediment in Chesapeake Bay Watershed http://t.co/eJSaXxeqqI 02:10PM - 6 Dec 2013