USDA is transforming its image to address a legacy of discrimination by educating its workforce. In an interview with The Federal Drive, Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack said the agency is training employees to be more sensitive to people of all races. “We can pay out hundreds of millions of dollars in claims…or we can make sure those resources are available to the programs that help people,” said Vilsack. Read more.
Get Email Updates
- Seven Miles Can Be a Game-Changer on Montana’s Little Bitterroot River #CRPis30 https://t.co/e6hoAjkEZg 07:33PM - 25 Nov 2015
- USDA Designates 24 Counties in Michigan as Primary Natural Disaster Areas With Assistance to Producers in Ohio https://t.co/z2sLlGdvS2 07:15PM - 25 Nov 2015
- Did you #vote in #FSA County Committee Elections? There’s still time left. Return your ballot by Dec. 7. https://t.co/5kLslvJCy3 03:30PM - 25 Nov 2015
- Daily Market Rates effective 11/25/2015 https://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 12:06PM - 25 Nov 2015
- Daily Market Rates effective 11/24/2015 https://t.co/CjDtx8qunm 12:06PM - 24 Nov 2015