USDA is transforming its image to address a legacy of discrimination by educating its workforce. In an interview with The Federal Drive, Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack said the agency is training employees to be more sensitive to people of all races. “We can pay out hundreds of millions of dollars in claims…or we can make sure those resources are available to the programs that help people,” said Vilsack. Read more.
Get Email Updates
- Farmers and Ranchers Encouraged to Make Their Voices Heard http://t.co/Ptlqw0qsHq 04:26PM - 31 Oct 2014
- Farmers and Ranchers Encouraged to Make Their Voices Heard: Release No. 0171.14 Farmers... http://t.co/1Ft5C27bRk 04:22PM - 31 Oct 2014
- Farm Bill safety-net provisions require careful planning | Western Farm Press http://t.co/CKqVocHylI #farmbill #farmers #agchat 04:13PM - 31 Oct 2014
- Daily Market Rates effective 10/31/2014 http://t.co/HBhosek8U0 11:30AM - 31 Oct 2014
- Reminder: Producers should sign up for ELAP before the Nov. 1 deadline http://t.co/eGZTcMKdaa #farmers #agchat 11:44AM - 30 Oct 2014