Kansas producers concerned about hay reserves after a historic drought and the cost to feed animals if a harsh winter hits this year, should plan to attend a “Drought Concerns: Water Issues and Livestock Feeding” meeting. The meeting — sponsored by the Anderson County Farm Service Agency and the Anderson County Extension — will be held Oct. 24 at 6 p.m. in the Anderson County Community Building at North Lake Park in Garnett, Kan. Topics include livestock winter feeding with consideration for high hay prices, limit-feeding forages, FSA Emergency Conservation Program and livestock water quality and quantity considerations. Register by Oct. 21 by calling (785) 448-6826 or emailing the county extension office.
Get Email Updates
- Daily Market Rates effective 04/23/2014 http://t.co/JYHM1ttz4o 11:16AM - 23 Apr 2014
- Daily Market Rates effective 04/22/2014 http://t.co/JYHM1ttz4o 11:21AM - 22 Apr 2014
- Daily Market Rates effective 04/21/2014 http://t.co/JYHM1ttz4o 11:21AM - 21 Apr 2014
- Daily Market Rates effective 04/18/2014 http://t.co/JYHM1ttz4o 11:11AM - 18 Apr 2014
- Daily Market Rates effective 04/17/2014 http://t.co/JYHM1ttz4o 11:06AM - 17 Apr 2014