Fast food has a whole new meaning. Hit the USDA Farmers Market each Friday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and not only can visitors view the national People’s Garden, but they can also see the D.C. Central Kitchen’s Truck Farm. That’s right, a 5-by-6 foot garden on four wheels boasting 26 plant species. Fourteen of those plants were donated by the People’s Garden. The truck travels to area youth programs to educate children about growing healthy foods anywhere. Read more (The Washington Post).
Get Email Updates
- The Livestock Forage Program compensates eligible livestock producers who've suffered grazing losses due to drought… https://t.co/xlvEcmHo7c 09:21PM - 26 May 2022
- RT @USDA_NRCS: The deadline for the @USDA Partnerships for Climate-Smart Commodities second funding pool is June 10 at 11:59 p.m. ET. Don’t… 05:12PM - 26 May 2022
- RT @FarmersGov: .@USDA continues to take steps to mitigate global food supply challenges caused by the Russian invasion of Ukraine, includi… 04:26PM - 26 May 2022
- RT @FarmersGov: .@USDA is partnering with the Port of Oakland and Northwest Seaport Alliance to relieve congestion and capacity issues. @us… 08:39PM - 25 May 2022
- .@USDA is mailing 303,000 pre-filled applications for the Emergency Relief Program, a new program designed to help… https://t.co/YF51CKHnUs 07:45PM - 25 May 2022