The nomination period for the 2012 county committee elections opens today, June 15. This time allows farmers and ranchers to select themselves or others as candidates to sit on the local county committee and help make important agricultural decisions. Members of the committee deliver FSA farm programs at the local level and make decisions needed to administer the programs in their counties. The nomination period runs through Aug. 1. An interim rule that would allow Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack to appoint members from socially disadvantaged groups onto county committees that lack fair representation was published this week in the Federal Register and is open for public comment. Learn more about the county committee elections, download an online application in English or Spanish, or read more about the interim rule to appoint minorities to county committees.
Get Email Updates
- Farmers looking for a farm loan can use the Farm Loan Discovery Tool to find loans that best fit their operation.… https://t.co/Ifcj33zcxM 05:29PM - 7 Dec 2022
- RT @USDA: Registration is now open for the 99th annual Agricultural Outlook Forum, USDA’s largest and premier annual event. The two-day eve… 10:35PM - 6 Dec 2022
- RT @FarmersGov: With 2023 just a calendar page away, have you considered which #ConservationResolutions to adopt in the new year? For the n… 08:10PM - 6 Dec 2022
- Find information about specific disasters and emergencies, how to prepare, recover, and help build long-term resili… https://t.co/MjhyHXWlCl 05:45PM - 6 Dec 2022
- We're supporting America's next generation of farmers and ranchers through our “Beginning Farmer” direct and guaran… https://t.co/RE91XWjfyx 03:43PM - 5 Dec 2022