Sign-up for the Highly Erodible Land Initiative under the Conservation Reserve Program opens today, July 23, giving landowners an opportunity to receive rental payments and cost-share assistance to establish long-term, resource conserving covers on eligible cropland. Croplands with an erodibility index of 20 or higher are eligible for enrollment. “We are excited to include this new initiative that targets the most fragile cropland, in addition to other targeted initiatives that are currently available under CRP,” said Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack. CRP is a voluntary program designed to help farmers and ranchers protect environmentally sensitive land. In its 25 years, CRP has helped reduce soil erosion, provided natural habitats for wildlife, restored more than 2 million acres of wetlands and removed several million tons of carbon dioxide from the air. Learn more.
Get Email Updates
- We offer a variety of programs to help farmers, ranchers, communities, and businesses that have been hard hit by na… https://t.co/6DXK4GurHx 05:44PM - 6 Jul 2022
- We'll be sending pre-filled Emergency Relief Program applications to about 9,000 producers with Noninsured Disaster… https://t.co/1l4wN4L1jQ 06:35PM - 5 Jul 2022
- Ready to expand your operation? Check out our loan interest rates as of July 1, 2022: https://t.co/r81YmV5OSO 06:27PM - 5 Jul 2022
- The Livestock Forage Program compensates eligible livestock producers who've suffered grazing losses due to drought… https://t.co/2Ik9WPT7NM 03:36PM - 1 Jul 2022
- Our electronic Loan Deficiency Payment Service (eLDP) is an Internet-based service allowing producers to request LD… https://t.co/de0NQa0byn 06:17PM - 30 Jun 2022