U.S. Farmers Markets have increased 9.6 percents since last year as Americans demand more locally fresh food. Agriculture Deputy Secretary Kathleen Merrigan made the announcement as part of the kick off for National Farmers Market Week, Aug. 5-11. According to Merrigan, there are 7,864 farmers markets operating throughout the United States compared to 7,175 last year. California leads the country with 827 markets, followed by New York with 647 and Massachusetts with 313 markets. Learn more.
Get Email Updates
- You can find information on the farm loan programs in your region by visiting your state office’s FSA page.… https://t.co/2ejC8vTJMz 01:57PM - 25 Nov 2022
- The Inflation Reduction Act Assistance for Distressed Borrowers is designed to keep borrowers farming. Learn about… https://t.co/yZpxg83WiD 05:41PM - 23 Nov 2022
- County Committee and Urban County Committee Elections are currently underway! Remember to cast your vote by Dec. 5.… https://t.co/BwOFNcgS7B 05:41PM - 22 Nov 2022
- A farm loan helped turn Kevin McFee’s dream of owning a ranch into a reality. Now a landowner, McFee uses @USDA pro… https://t.co/UlFqsBAXZT 03:43PM - 21 Nov 2022
- RT @FarmersGov: Working with @USDA_NRCS, Clint Wilcox in Oklahoma fully transitioned to no-till farming on his Oklahoma operation. Learn mo… 04:32PM - 18 Nov 2022