A program to help end food insecurity in America is encouraging farmers to donate an acre to help end hunger. Invest an Acre program, sponsored by ADM, The Howard G. Buffett Foundation, Monsanto and Feeding America, asks farmers across the nation to donate one acre or more of crops to fight hunger in their own communities. According to the organization’s website, on average, every bushel of corn donated will create 18 meals, while every bushel of soybeans will create 40 meals. All proceeds are tax deductible and will benefit local food banks. Learn more.
Get Email Updates
- You heard that right! 💪💪 https://t.co/JymwGKZUMk 10:20PM - 26 Jan 2022
- Join us February 24 & 25 for 2022's #AgOutlook online, where agricultural leaders discuss key issues affecting the… https://t.co/OvTKPIZ9oj 09:53PM - 26 Jan 2022
- RT @FarmersGov: The @DroughtCenter provides a weekly drought assessment, and it plays an important role in @USDA programs that help farmers… 07:54PM - 26 Jan 2022
- RT @FarmersGov: 📅 📅 📅 It's your last chance to apply for two @usdafsa programs: the Emergency Assistance for Livestock, Honeybees, and Farm… 07:27PM - 26 Jan 2022
- The Conservation Reserve Program puts producers at the center of climate-smart solutions that generate revenue and… https://t.co/VEcrZ0GQAr 06:54PM - 26 Jan 2022