In an effort to capture families and young people’s attention and to encourage them to explore what programs are available from the USDA Farm Service Agency, the Henry County Indiana USDA Service Center held its second annual community outreach day last month. Family Farm Day at FSA provided program information to nearly 55 residents of all ages. Programs highlighted were the Non-Insured Crop Disaster Assistance Program (NAP), Milk Income Loss Contract Program Supplemental Revenue Assistance Program, Farm Safety, Farm Loan Program Youth Loans and Emergency Loans. Families participated in multiple activities like pumpkin decorating, pedal tractor races and a scavenger hunt that introduced children to agricultural produce. Participants also visited the NAP garden, learned about milk production and interacted with staff members on a four-wheel drive tractor.
Get Email Updates
- You can find information on the farm loan programs in your region by visiting your state office’s FSA page.… https://t.co/2ejC8vTJMz 01:57PM - 25 Nov 2022
- The Inflation Reduction Act Assistance for Distressed Borrowers is designed to keep borrowers farming. Learn about… https://t.co/yZpxg83WiD 05:41PM - 23 Nov 2022
- County Committee and Urban County Committee Elections are currently underway! Remember to cast your vote by Dec. 5.… https://t.co/BwOFNcgS7B 05:41PM - 22 Nov 2022
- A farm loan helped turn Kevin McFee’s dream of owning a ranch into a reality. Now a landowner, McFee uses @USDA pro… https://t.co/UlFqsBAXZT 03:43PM - 21 Nov 2022
- RT @FarmersGov: Working with @USDA_NRCS, Clint Wilcox in Oklahoma fully transitioned to no-till farming on his Oklahoma operation. Learn mo… 04:32PM - 18 Nov 2022