About $152 million will be cut from several FSA programs, affecting nearly 350,000 farmers. According to Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack, the cuts come from the direct-payment subsidy and affect producers participating in the Milk Income Loss Program (MILC), the Supplemental Revenue Assistance program (SURE) and the Noninsured Assistance Program (NAP). The cuts are part of the sequester that took effect at the beginning of the month. Read more (Reuters).
Get Email Updates
- .@USDA Announces December 2022 Lending Rates for Ag Producers https://t.co/pjyw9DtHAf https://t.co/uU33l6fMoi 06:59PM - 1 Dec 2022
- Administrator Zach Ducheneaux discusses the importance of casting your vote for FSA's 2022 County Committee Electio… https://t.co/GJet64ipyV 05:50PM - 30 Nov 2022
- From bees and pollinators to underserved farmers, we have fact sheets on more than 100 programs.… https://t.co/5hbxzXkZap 05:43PM - 29 Nov 2022
- Only one week left to submit ballots for the @usdafsa County Committee and Urban County Committee Election.… https://t.co/NQfKmkcY4a 03:44PM - 28 Nov 2022
- You can find information on the farm loan programs in your region by visiting your state office’s FSA page.… https://t.co/2ejC8vTJMz 01:57PM - 25 Nov 2022