Federal employees will face a pay freeze for the third consecutive year as Congress approved a measure on Thursday to avert a government shutdown. The $984 billion legislation will fund the government through fiscal year 2013, but will keep the sequester in place, causing some federal agencies to implement employee furloughs. Some amendments to the bill will ease the pain of the sequester in several agencies, including the U.S. Department of Agriculture, to avoid furloughing meat inspectors. The bill is now headed to President Obama’s desk. Read more (Government Executive).
Get Email Updates
- RT @FarmersGov: Our new, easy-to-use CFAP 2 Eligible Commodities Finder makes finding payment rates specific to your operation simple. From… 07:42PM - 25 Sep 2020
- Don’t let the sun set on your one-time opportunity to update crop yields for Price Loss Coverage! Deadline is Sept.… https://t.co/LyQOVPixp6 06:18PM - 25 Sep 2020
- FSA can help you with the cost of transitioning to organic. Learn more: https://t.co/S2FQuU0d46 #OrganicAg https://t.co/yMP1XAC944 04:28PM - 25 Sep 2020
- FSA makes operating loans of up to $5,000 to eligible individual youths ages 10 to 20 to finance income-producing,… https://t.co/HriVMXdaQQ 09:41PM - 24 Sep 2020
- RT @FarmersGov: The Coronavirus Food Assistance Program 2 provides assistance for agricultural producers who continue to be impacted by #CO… 06:26PM - 24 Sep 2020