Federal employees will face a pay freeze for the third consecutive year as Congress approved a measure on Thursday to avert a government shutdown. The $984 billion legislation will fund the government through fiscal year 2013, but will keep the sequester in place, causing some federal agencies to implement employee furloughs. Some amendments to the bill will ease the pain of the sequester in several agencies, including the U.S. Department of Agriculture, to avoid furloughing meat inspectors. The bill is now headed to President Obama’s desk. Read more (Government Executive).
Get Email Updates
- .@USDA Announces December 2022 Lending Rates for Ag Producers https://t.co/pjyw9DtHAf https://t.co/uU33l6fMoi 06:59PM - 1 Dec 2022
- Administrator Zach Ducheneaux discusses the importance of casting your vote for FSA's 2022 County Committee Electio… https://t.co/GJet64ipyV 05:50PM - 30 Nov 2022
- From bees and pollinators to underserved farmers, we have fact sheets on more than 100 programs.… https://t.co/5hbxzXkZap 05:43PM - 29 Nov 2022
- Only one week left to submit ballots for the @usdafsa County Committee and Urban County Committee Election.… https://t.co/NQfKmkcY4a 03:44PM - 28 Nov 2022
- You can find information on the farm loan programs in your region by visiting your state office’s FSA page.… https://t.co/2ejC8vTJMz 01:57PM - 25 Nov 2022