Federal employees will face a pay freeze for the third consecutive year as Congress approved a measure on Thursday to avert a government shutdown. The $984 billion legislation will fund the government through fiscal year 2013, but will keep the sequester in place, causing some federal agencies to implement employee furloughs. Some amendments to the bill will ease the pain of the sequester in several agencies, including the U.S. Department of Agriculture, to avoid furloughing meat inspectors. The bill is now headed to President Obama’s desk. Read more (Government Executive).
Get Email Updates
- We offer a variety of programs to help farmers, ranchers, communities, and businesses that have been hard hit by na… https://t.co/6DXK4GurHx 05:44PM - 6 Jul 2022
- We'll be sending pre-filled Emergency Relief Program applications to about 9,000 producers with Noninsured Disaster… https://t.co/1l4wN4L1jQ 06:35PM - 5 Jul 2022
- Ready to expand your operation? Check out our loan interest rates as of July 1, 2022: https://t.co/r81YmV5OSO 06:27PM - 5 Jul 2022
- The Livestock Forage Program compensates eligible livestock producers who've suffered grazing losses due to drought… https://t.co/2Ik9WPT7NM 03:36PM - 1 Jul 2022
- Our electronic Loan Deficiency Payment Service (eLDP) is an Internet-based service allowing producers to request LD… https://t.co/de0NQa0byn 06:17PM - 30 Jun 2022