Leonard McKissick has been appointed as the first African-American voting member of FSA’s St. Francis County Committee in Arkansas. The appointment is part of Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack’s continued effort to ensure an equitable voice among all segments of rural America. USDA’s goal is to put fair voting representation on committees in counties with large minority farmer and rancher populations that lack fair representation. County committee members provide a link between the agricultural community and USDA by helping to deliver FSA programs at the local level.
Get Email Updates
- Farmers looking for a farm loan can use the Farm Loan Discovery Tool to find loans that best fit their operation.… https://t.co/Ifcj33zcxM 05:29PM - 7 Dec 2022
- RT @USDA: Registration is now open for the 99th annual Agricultural Outlook Forum, USDA’s largest and premier annual event. The two-day eve… 10:35PM - 6 Dec 2022
- RT @FarmersGov: With 2023 just a calendar page away, have you considered which #ConservationResolutions to adopt in the new year? For the n… 08:10PM - 6 Dec 2022
- Find information about specific disasters and emergencies, how to prepare, recover, and help build long-term resili… https://t.co/MjhyHXWlCl 05:45PM - 6 Dec 2022
- We're supporting America's next generation of farmers and ranchers through our “Beginning Farmer” direct and guaran… https://t.co/RE91XWjfyx 03:43PM - 5 Dec 2022