John Shepherd is sort of a legend in Blackstone, Va. He is sought out for his expertise restoring poorly managed, eroded farmland and making it fertile and usable. He’s done it so many times that at age 28, he has used an FSA loans to purchase several acres of unwanted land and turn it into high yielding, high quality grain crops. “Virtually all of the land I farm is land that nobody else wanted. I haven’t taken any land from anybody who was taking care of the land and trying to make a living on it,” said Shepherd. In just six years, the young farmer has made a name for himself and won several awards. Read more (Southeast Farm Press).
Get Email Updates
- @goobersnut @usda_nass @1 Hmm! 🤔 We're asking around to see... 08:32PM - 12 Aug 2022
- RT @FarmersGov: .@USDA is here to help farmers, ranchers, and foresters get the loan support they need to be successful. Let’s work togethe… 05:47PM - 12 Aug 2022
- Microloans offer flexible access to credit and serve as an attractive loan alternative for smaller farming operatio… https://t.co/MNTttNDPN7 03:56PM - 12 Aug 2022
- RT @FarmersGov: Meet Visar Duane of Purple Skies Farm in North Royalton, Ohio. With help from @USDA_NRCS, she expanded her reach as a local… 03:18PM - 12 Aug 2022
- @ksoutdoors Hi Mike, Here's our webpage on CRP and CRP enrollment: https://t.co/KWkGt28IRv If you don't find what… https://t.co/cSryiLbqC0 10:41PM - 11 Aug 2022