Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack joined President Obama, members of Congress and other U.S. government officials this week to welcome African heads of state and government leaders for the first ever African Leaders Summit. During the summit, Vilsack announced four new partners in the Global Open Data for Agriculture and Nutrition (GODAN) initiative and up to $1 billion in export credit guarantees that will enhance trade between the U.S. and Africa. The export credit is a part of President Obama’s Doing Business in Africa Campaign. Launched in October 2013, GODAN supports efforts to make agriculturally and nutritionally relevant data available for public global use. Open data on agriculture, nutrition and food systems can be a powerful tool for long-term sustainable development by improving the economic opportunities for farmers and the health of all consumers. Read more.
Get Email Updates
- Interested in a farm loan? Here is an overview of our programs: https://t.co/WaVlRG85M6 https://t.co/AK5HsJOFh4 03:06PM - 6 Dec 2021
- Farmers looking for a farm loan can use the Farm Loan Discovery Tool to find loans that best fit their operation.… https://t.co/iYIPJK9BB8 08:37PM - 3 Dec 2021
- RT @FarmersGov: Next week @USDA will begin issuing final payments to loggers and log trucking businesses through the Pandemic Assistance fo… 06:26PM - 2 Dec 2021
- What’s happening in your neck of the woods? Find information on farm loan programs for your region by visiting your… https://t.co/XVs85TVTP5 05:29PM - 2 Dec 2021
- RT @usdaRMA: 🚨This provision is now PERMANENT🚨 We are also increasing flexibility related to the prevented planting “1 in 4” requirement, a… 07:35PM - 1 Dec 2021