Farmers can enroll in the new dairy Margin Protection Program beginning Tuesday, Sept. 2. The voluntary program provides financial assistance to participating farmers when the difference between the price of milk and feed costs falls below the coverage level selected by the farmer. To help dairy farmers determine the level of coverage needed under the Margin Protection Program, USDA launched a new Web tool that allows farmers to quickly and easily combine unique operation data and other key variables to calculate their coverage needs based on price projections. Learn more or use the new Web tool.
Get Email Updates
- RT @FarmersGov: Next week @USDA will begin issuing final payments to loggers and log trucking businesses through the Pandemic Assistance fo… 06:26PM - 2 Dec 2021
- What’s happening in your neck of the woods? Find information on farm loan programs for your region by visiting your… https://t.co/XVs85TVTP5 05:29PM - 2 Dec 2021
- RT @usdaRMA: 🚨This provision is now PERMANENT🚨 We are also increasing flexibility related to the prevented planting “1 in 4” requirement, a… 07:35PM - 1 Dec 2021
- Looking for something? The AskUSDA tool makes it easy to find information all across our organization in one place!… https://t.co/MwRwTSesx5 04:11PM - 1 Dec 2021
- RT @FarmersGov: With #NoTillNovember winding down, you don’t have to pick the plow up. Use these 5 tips to build healthier soils every mont… 05:15AM - 1 Dec 2021