The Farm Service Agency has outlined four phases of the new Agricultural Risk Coverage (ARC) and Price Loss Coverage (PLC) programs designed to help farmers manage risk. The first phase began last month when farmers received written notices advising them of their current base acres, program yields and 2008-2012 planting history. Farmers should check the information to make sure it is correct. The second phase began this week. Farm owners can now update their crop yields and decide whether to retain the farm’s 2013 base acres or to reallocate. The third phase is the program election period planned for this winter. Producers will be able to make a one-time election for 2014-2018 crop years between the ARC or PLC programs. The final phase allows producers to complete their annual enrollment. Read more for dates and detailed information or review information about ARC-PLC.
Get Email Updates
- Farmers looking for a farm loan can use the Farm Loan Discovery Tool to find loans that best fit their operation.… https://t.co/iYIPJK9BB8 08:37PM - 3 Dec 2021
- RT @FarmersGov: Next week @USDA will begin issuing final payments to loggers and log trucking businesses through the Pandemic Assistance fo… 06:26PM - 2 Dec 2021
- What’s happening in your neck of the woods? Find information on farm loan programs for your region by visiting your… https://t.co/XVs85TVTP5 05:29PM - 2 Dec 2021
- RT @usdaRMA: 🚨This provision is now PERMANENT🚨 We are also increasing flexibility related to the prevented planting “1 in 4” requirement, a… 07:35PM - 1 Dec 2021
- Looking for something? The AskUSDA tool makes it easy to find information all across our organization in one place!… https://t.co/MwRwTSesx5 04:11PM - 1 Dec 2021