Dairy farmers now have more time to make a decision on the dairy Margin Protection Program. Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack announced this week that the deadline for the program has been extended until Dec. 5, 2014. “We want dairy producers to have enough time to make thoughtful and well-studied choices,” said Vilsack. “Markets change and the Margin Protection Program can help protect dairy producers from those changes.” The program provides financial assistance to participating farmers when the margin — the difference between the price of milk and feed costs — falls below the coverage level selected by the farmer. Producers can use the Web resource at www.fsa.usda.gov/mpptool to calculate the best levels of coverage for their dairy operation. Comments also are being accepted on both the Margin Protection Program and the Dairy Product Donation Program until Dec. 15, 2014. Learn more about the dairy Margin Protection Program or submit a comment.
Get Email Updates
- Interested in a farm loan? Here is an overview of our programs: https://t.co/WaVlRG85M6 https://t.co/AK5HsJOFh4 03:06PM - 6 Dec 2021
- Farmers looking for a farm loan can use the Farm Loan Discovery Tool to find loans that best fit their operation.… https://t.co/iYIPJK9BB8 08:37PM - 3 Dec 2021
- RT @FarmersGov: Next week @USDA will begin issuing final payments to loggers and log trucking businesses through the Pandemic Assistance fo… 06:26PM - 2 Dec 2021
- What’s happening in your neck of the woods? Find information on farm loan programs for your region by visiting your… https://t.co/XVs85TVTP5 05:29PM - 2 Dec 2021
- RT @usdaRMA: 🚨This provision is now PERMANENT🚨 We are also increasing flexibility related to the prevented planting “1 in 4” requirement, a… 07:35PM - 1 Dec 2021