Dairy farmers now have more time to make a decision on the dairy Margin Protection Program. Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack announced this week that the deadline for the program has been extended until Dec. 5, 2014. “We want dairy producers to have enough time to make thoughtful and well-studied choices,” said Vilsack. “Markets change and the Margin Protection Program can help protect dairy producers from those changes.” The program provides financial assistance to participating farmers when the margin — the difference between the price of milk and feed costs — falls below the coverage level selected by the farmer. Producers can use the Web resource at www.fsa.usda.gov/mpptool to calculate the best levels of coverage for their dairy operation. Comments also are being accepted on both the Margin Protection Program and the Dairy Product Donation Program until Dec. 15, 2014. Learn more about the dairy Margin Protection Program or submit a comment.
Get Email Updates
- We offer a variety of programs to help farmers, ranchers, communities, and businesses that have been hard hit by na… https://t.co/6DXK4GurHx 05:44PM - 6 Jul 2022
- We'll be sending pre-filled Emergency Relief Program applications to about 9,000 producers with Noninsured Disaster… https://t.co/1l4wN4L1jQ 06:35PM - 5 Jul 2022
- Ready to expand your operation? Check out our loan interest rates as of July 1, 2022: https://t.co/r81YmV5OSO 06:27PM - 5 Jul 2022
- The Livestock Forage Program compensates eligible livestock producers who've suffered grazing losses due to drought… https://t.co/2Ik9WPT7NM 03:36PM - 1 Jul 2022
- Our electronic Loan Deficiency Payment Service (eLDP) is an Internet-based service allowing producers to request LD… https://t.co/de0NQa0byn 06:17PM - 30 Jun 2022