Dairy farmers now have more time to make a decision on the dairy Margin Protection Program. Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack announced this week that the deadline for the program has been extended until Dec. 5, 2014. “We want dairy producers to have enough time to make thoughtful and well-studied choices,” said Vilsack. “Markets change and the Margin Protection Program can help protect dairy producers from those changes.” The program provides financial assistance to participating farmers when the margin — the difference between the price of milk and feed costs — falls below the coverage level selected by the farmer. Producers can use the Web resource at www.fsa.usda.gov/mpptool to calculate the best levels of coverage for their dairy operation. Comments also are being accepted on both the Margin Protection Program and the Dairy Product Donation Program until Dec. 15, 2014. Learn more about the dairy Margin Protection Program or submit a comment.
Get Email Updates
- Farm Ownership Loans may be used to purchase a farm, enlarge an existing farm, construct new farm buildings and/or… https://t.co/8iObkgPe74 02:02PM - 2 Dec 2022
- .@USDA Announces December 2022 Lending Rates for Ag Producers https://t.co/pjyw9DtHAf https://t.co/uU33l6fMoi 06:59PM - 1 Dec 2022
- Administrator Zach Ducheneaux discusses the importance of casting your vote for FSA's 2022 County Committee Electio… https://t.co/GJet64ipyV 05:50PM - 30 Nov 2022
- From bees and pollinators to underserved farmers, we have fact sheets on more than 100 programs.… https://t.co/5hbxzXkZap 05:43PM - 29 Nov 2022
- Only one week left to submit ballots for the @usdafsa County Committee and Urban County Committee Election.… https://t.co/NQfKmkcY4a 03:44PM - 28 Nov 2022