The U.S. Department of Agriculture has selected 10 individuals to be a part of the 2013 E. Kika De La Garza Fellowship Program. The fellows represent staff, faculty and administrators at Hispanic-Serving Institutions (HSI) from across the nation. HSIs are accredited and degree-granting institutions of higher education with a full-time Hispanic student enrollment of 25 percent or more. Through partnerships fostered by the fellowship program, USDA and HSIs are better prepared to address educational challenges faced by the Hispanic community The program allows fellows to experience first-hand the policymaking process by meeting with USDA personnel and connecting with federal agencies while also collaborating with leading scientists from USDA’s Agricultural Research Service and learning about agricultural research. Learn more.
Get Email Updates
- On Earth Day and every day, U.S. farmers and ranchers are stewards of the Earth. Happy #EarthDay2017 from USDA’s Farm Service Agency! 09:16PM - 21 Apr 2017
- Daily Market Rates effective 4/21/2017 https://t.co/CjDtx88TvO 11:16AM - 21 Apr 2017
- Daily Market Rates effective 4/20/2017 https://t.co/CjDtx88TvO 11:22AM - 20 Apr 2017
- Daily Market Rates effective 4/19/2017 https://t.co/CjDtx88TvO 11:21AM - 19 Apr 2017
- Daily Market Rates effective 4/18/2017 https://t.co/CjDtx88TvO 11:01AM - 18 Apr 2017