Ben Robel’s goats are in demand. Owner of Vegetation Solutions, the 28-year-old rents his goats to Wisconsin landowners to munch on brush and chew away invasive plants like buckthorn, sumac and prickly ash. The hungry animals eliminate the need to spray herbicides and their manure helps fertilize the land. Read more (LaCrosseTribune.com).
Get Email Updates
- RT @FarmersGov: .@USDA will provide additional assistance through the Coronavirus Food Assistance Program. #CFAP has expanded eligibility a… 05:43PM - 15 Jan 2021
- .@USDA makes operating loans of up to $5,000 to eligible individual youths ages 10 to 20 to finance income-producin… https://t.co/HRpbVO4n3L 04:50PM - 15 Jan 2021
- We're seeking nominations for a new, 12-person advisory committee to the @USDA Secretary of Agriculture on urban ag… https://t.co/DvHbYIY7y1 07:47PM - 14 Jan 2021
- RT @FarmersGov: .@USDA is investing more than $46 million this year to mitigate wildfire risk, improve water quality, and restore healthy f… 07:26PM - 14 Jan 2021
- Agricultural producers and private landowners interested in the Conservation Reserve Program (CRP) can sign up unti… https://t.co/VrB8KuzzYE 05:12PM - 14 Jan 2021