Ben Robel’s goats are in demand. Owner of Vegetation Solutions, the 28-year-old rents his goats to Wisconsin landowners to munch on brush and chew away invasive plants like buckthorn, sumac and prickly ash. The hungry animals eliminate the need to spray herbicides and their manure helps fertilize the land. Read more (LaCrosseTribune.com).
Get Email Updates
- RT @FarmersGov: What do we mean by “climate-smart” agriculture and forestry? To help us design this new initiative, you may want to learn m… 10:15PM - 26 Oct 2021
- RT @FarmersGov: In 2020, the University of Maryland Learning Garden donated 1,232 pounds of produce to the UM Campus Pantry. This year they… 09:47PM - 26 Oct 2021
- The Bembry family has made a living on their farm for over 200 years, adapting and evolving how they manage the lan… https://t.co/HstO4RWXRl 07:10PM - 26 Oct 2021
- RT @FarmersGov: Nov. 1st is the deadline for organic farmers and ranchers to apply to be reimbursed for up to 50% of organic certification… 07:48PM - 25 Oct 2021
- We're looking for nonprofits, credit unions, and cooperatives interested in helping farmers who inherited family la… https://t.co/iHB0U937sU 05:35PM - 25 Oct 2021