The U.S. Department of Agriculture has selected 10 individuals to be a part of the 2013 E. Kika De La Garza Fellowship Program. The fellows represent staff, faculty and administrators at Hispanic-Serving Institutions (HSI) from across the nation. HSIs are accredited and degree-granting institutions of higher education with a full-time Hispanic student enrollment of 25 percent or more. Through partnerships fostered by the fellowship program, USDA and HSIs are better prepared to address educational challenges faced by the Hispanic community The program allows fellows to experience first-hand the policymaking process by meeting with USDA personnel and connecting with federal agencies while also collaborating with leading scientists from USDA’s Agricultural Research Service and learning about agricultural research. Learn more.
Get Email Updates
- RT @FarmersGov: Additional commodities have been added to the Coronavirus Food Assistance Program, which helps offset price declines & addi… 09:24PM - 14 Aug 2020
- With help from @USDA, Bill Cooper added fencing, pipeline, water troughs, two wells, a stream crossing and cattle w… https://t.co/ivYyhYpAPO 04:49PM - 14 Aug 2020
- Mark your calendar: next Wednesday (8/19) at 3pm EDT we’ll host a #CFAP webinar to discuss the additional eligible… https://t.co/kp4xdxfOO7 09:53PM - 13 Aug 2020
- Need help with a down payment? FSA has a special loan program to assist beginning #farmers in purchasing a farm. Re… https://t.co/oAfp8nMLli 06:31PM - 13 Aug 2020
- The Bembry family has made a living on their farm for over 200 years, adapting and evolving how they manage the lan… https://t.co/iusn4kSTnw 03:44PM - 13 Aug 2020