The U.S. Department of Agriculture is preparing for the 2012 Census of Agriculture next month and respondents can expect to find a few expanded sections included. The surveys, which are expected to reach farmers and ranchers by mid-December, will have lengthier sections on equine, forestry and regional ag production. All census forms should be completed by Feb. 4, 2013, but according to Renee Picanso of the USDA National Agricultural Statistics Service the final collection may be completed in May. Once the data is collected, the final publication is expected to be out in February 2014. Read more (Farm Futures).
Get Email Updates
- The Livestock Forage Program compensates eligible livestock producers who've suffered grazing losses due to drought… https://t.co/xlvEcmHo7c 09:21PM - 26 May 2022
- RT @USDA_NRCS: The deadline for the @USDA Partnerships for Climate-Smart Commodities second funding pool is June 10 at 11:59 p.m. ET. Don’t… 05:12PM - 26 May 2022
- RT @FarmersGov: .@USDA continues to take steps to mitigate global food supply challenges caused by the Russian invasion of Ukraine, includi… 04:26PM - 26 May 2022
- RT @FarmersGov: .@USDA is partnering with the Port of Oakland and Northwest Seaport Alliance to relieve congestion and capacity issues. @us… 08:39PM - 25 May 2022
- .@USDA is mailing 303,000 pre-filled applications for the Emergency Relief Program, a new program designed to help… https://t.co/YF51CKHnUs 07:45PM - 25 May 2022