President Obama signed into law on Tuesday legislation that will extend the federal pay freeze for the third consecutive year. Federal employees as well as lawmakers will have their pay frozen through fiscal year 2013 as part of a continuing resolution to keep the government funded and avoid a shutdown. The legislation will keep the sequester in place, which could force many agencies to furlough employees; however, some provisions were given to the Department of Agriculture to avoid furloughing meat inspectors. Read more (Government Executive).
Get Email Updates
- .@USDA Announces December 2022 Lending Rates for Ag Producers https://t.co/pjyw9DtHAf https://t.co/uU33l6fMoi 06:59PM - 1 Dec 2022
- Administrator Zach Ducheneaux discusses the importance of casting your vote for FSA's 2022 County Committee Electio… https://t.co/GJet64ipyV 05:50PM - 30 Nov 2022
- From bees and pollinators to underserved farmers, we have fact sheets on more than 100 programs.… https://t.co/5hbxzXkZap 05:43PM - 29 Nov 2022
- Only one week left to submit ballots for the @usdafsa County Committee and Urban County Committee Election.… https://t.co/NQfKmkcY4a 03:44PM - 28 Nov 2022
- You can find information on the farm loan programs in your region by visiting your state office’s FSA page.… https://t.co/2ejC8vTJMz 01:57PM - 25 Nov 2022