President Obama signed into law on Tuesday legislation that will extend the federal pay freeze for the third consecutive year. Federal employees as well as lawmakers will have their pay frozen through fiscal year 2013 as part of a continuing resolution to keep the government funded and avoid a shutdown. The legislation will keep the sequester in place, which could force many agencies to furlough employees; however, some provisions were given to the Department of Agriculture to avoid furloughing meat inspectors. Read more (Government Executive).
Get Email Updates
- RT @FarmersGov: Our new, easy-to-use CFAP 2 Eligible Commodities Finder makes finding payment rates specific to your operation simple. From… 07:42PM - 25 Sep 2020
- Don’t let the sun set on your one-time opportunity to update crop yields for Price Loss Coverage! Deadline is Sept.… https://t.co/LyQOVPixp6 06:18PM - 25 Sep 2020
- FSA can help you with the cost of transitioning to organic. Learn more: https://t.co/S2FQuU0d46 #OrganicAg https://t.co/yMP1XAC944 04:28PM - 25 Sep 2020
- FSA makes operating loans of up to $5,000 to eligible individual youths ages 10 to 20 to finance income-producing,… https://t.co/HriVMXdaQQ 09:41PM - 24 Sep 2020
- RT @FarmersGov: The Coronavirus Food Assistance Program 2 provides assistance for agricultural producers who continue to be impacted by #CO… 06:26PM - 24 Sep 2020