President Obama signed into law on Tuesday legislation that will extend the federal pay freeze for the third consecutive year. Federal employees as well as lawmakers will have their pay frozen through fiscal year 2013 as part of a continuing resolution to keep the government funded and avoid a shutdown. The legislation will keep the sequester in place, which could force many agencies to furlough employees; however, some provisions were given to the Department of Agriculture to avoid furloughing meat inspectors. Read more (Government Executive).
Get Email Updates
- Farmers looking for a farm loan can use the Farm Loan Discovery Tool to find loans that best fit their operation.… https://t.co/iYIPJK9BB8 08:37PM - 3 Dec 2021
- RT @FarmersGov: Next week @USDA will begin issuing final payments to loggers and log trucking businesses through the Pandemic Assistance fo… 06:26PM - 2 Dec 2021
- What’s happening in your neck of the woods? Find information on farm loan programs for your region by visiting your… https://t.co/XVs85TVTP5 05:29PM - 2 Dec 2021
- RT @usdaRMA: 🚨This provision is now PERMANENT🚨 We are also increasing flexibility related to the prevented planting “1 in 4” requirement, a… 07:35PM - 1 Dec 2021
- Looking for something? The AskUSDA tool makes it easy to find information all across our organization in one place!… https://t.co/MwRwTSesx5 04:11PM - 1 Dec 2021