New York Senator Kirsten Gillibrand announced legislation that would overhaul the milk pricing system. Based on the bill, USDA would need to conduct public hearings on reforming the milk pricing system and present a final proposal to Congress. Should it become law, the FSA Milk Income Loss Contract program would be extended and dairy farms with less than 200 cows would be exempt from a supply management program. The bill is expected to be introduced next week. Read more (PostStar).
Get Email Updates
- You can find information on the farm loan programs in your region by visiting your state office’s FSA page.… https://t.co/2ejC8vTJMz 01:57PM - 25 Nov 2022
- The Inflation Reduction Act Assistance for Distressed Borrowers is designed to keep borrowers farming. Learn about… https://t.co/yZpxg83WiD 05:41PM - 23 Nov 2022
- County Committee and Urban County Committee Elections are currently underway! Remember to cast your vote by Dec. 5.… https://t.co/BwOFNcgS7B 05:41PM - 22 Nov 2022
- A farm loan helped turn Kevin McFee’s dream of owning a ranch into a reality. Now a landowner, McFee uses @USDA pro… https://t.co/UlFqsBAXZT 03:43PM - 21 Nov 2022
- RT @FarmersGov: Working with @USDA_NRCS, Clint Wilcox in Oklahoma fully transitioned to no-till farming on his Oklahoma operation. Learn mo… 04:32PM - 18 Nov 2022