A little over three weeks remain for producers to sign up for the Average Crop Revenue Election Program (ACRE). Changes to this year’s program allow producers to choose to enroll in either ACRE or the Direct and Counter-Cyclical Payment Program (DCP). Originally, producers who signed up for ACRE could not move out of the program for at least five years. With the extension of the 2008 Farm Bill, those rules have changed, giving farmers an option to move out of ACRE into DCP or move from DCP into ACRE. Producers must contact their county office by June 3 to enroll in ACRE. The deadline to enroll in DCP is August 2. Read more about DCP and ACRE or contact a local county office to sign up.
Get Email Updates
- The Livestock Forage Program compensates eligible livestock producers who've suffered grazing losses due to drought… https://t.co/xlvEcmHo7c 09:21PM - 26 May 2022
- RT @USDA_NRCS: The deadline for the @USDA Partnerships for Climate-Smart Commodities second funding pool is June 10 at 11:59 p.m. ET. Don’t… 05:12PM - 26 May 2022
- RT @FarmersGov: .@USDA continues to take steps to mitigate global food supply challenges caused by the Russian invasion of Ukraine, includi… 04:26PM - 26 May 2022
- RT @FarmersGov: .@USDA is partnering with the Port of Oakland and Northwest Seaport Alliance to relieve congestion and capacity issues. @us… 08:39PM - 25 May 2022
- .@USDA is mailing 303,000 pre-filled applications for the Emergency Relief Program, a new program designed to help… https://t.co/YF51CKHnUs 07:45PM - 25 May 2022