Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack announced several new initiatives this week to help organic producers. During a speech to the Organic Trade Association, Vilsack said federal crop insurance will increase coverage options for organic producers, including a contract price addendum and a new premium price election for organic crops. New guidance on organic production will be provided to all USDA agencies in order to address the needs of the organic sector in all programs and services. “These new options will extend the safety net provided by crop insurance and provide fair and flexible solutions to organic producers,” said Vilsack. Within the past 10 years, the U.S. has seen a 240 percent increase in organic farms and business. Learn more.
Get Email Updates
- We offer a variety of programs to help farmers, ranchers, communities, and businesses that have been hard hit by na… https://t.co/6DXK4GurHx 05:44PM - 6 Jul 2022
- We'll be sending pre-filled Emergency Relief Program applications to about 9,000 producers with Noninsured Disaster… https://t.co/1l4wN4L1jQ 06:35PM - 5 Jul 2022
- Ready to expand your operation? Check out our loan interest rates as of July 1, 2022: https://t.co/r81YmV5OSO 06:27PM - 5 Jul 2022
- The Livestock Forage Program compensates eligible livestock producers who've suffered grazing losses due to drought… https://t.co/2Ik9WPT7NM 03:36PM - 1 Jul 2022
- Our electronic Loan Deficiency Payment Service (eLDP) is an Internet-based service allowing producers to request LD… https://t.co/de0NQa0byn 06:17PM - 30 Jun 2022