The wait is over. The 45th general sign up for the Conservation Reserve Program starts Monday, May 20 and will run through June 14. During that time, producers can sign up to receive cost-share assistance to plant long-term, resource-conserving covers and receive annual rental payment for the length of the contract, which is 10-15 years. For the past 27 years, CRP has become one of the largest conservation effort with 27 million acres enrolled in the program. Those acres have improved water and air quality, prevented soil erosion and increased populations of pheasants, quail, ducks and rare species like the sage grouse and lesser prairie chicken. Those interested should contact the FSA county office to sign up. Learn more or locate a county office.
Get Email Updates
- @goobersnut @usda_nass @1 Hmm! 🤔 We're asking around to see... 08:32PM - 12 Aug 2022
- RT @FarmersGov: .@USDA is here to help farmers, ranchers, and foresters get the loan support they need to be successful. Let’s work togethe… 05:47PM - 12 Aug 2022
- Microloans offer flexible access to credit and serve as an attractive loan alternative for smaller farming operatio… https://t.co/MNTttNDPN7 03:56PM - 12 Aug 2022
- RT @FarmersGov: Meet Visar Duane of Purple Skies Farm in North Royalton, Ohio. With help from @USDA_NRCS, she expanded her reach as a local… 03:18PM - 12 Aug 2022
- @ksoutdoors Hi Mike, Here's our webpage on CRP and CRP enrollment: https://t.co/KWkGt28IRv If you don't find what… https://t.co/cSryiLbqC0 10:41PM - 11 Aug 2022