The U.S. Department of Agriculture is looking for members to serve on the Minority Farmers Advisory Committee to provide direction to the Secretary on issue affecting socially disadvantaged farmers and ranchers. The committee considers strategies, policies, and programs that enhance USDA’s goals for assisting minority farming and ranching operations. Members also consider goals and objectives necessary to implement their recommendations, as well as methodologies that maximize participation of minority farmers in USDA programs. Nomination forms are available online and must be submitted by May 31. Learn more or download the nomination form.
Get Email Updates
- RT @FarmersGov: Next week @USDA will begin issuing final payments to loggers and log trucking businesses through the Pandemic Assistance fo… 06:26PM - 2 Dec 2021
- What’s happening in your neck of the woods? Find information on farm loan programs for your region by visiting your… https://t.co/XVs85TVTP5 05:29PM - 2 Dec 2021
- RT @usdaRMA: 🚨This provision is now PERMANENT🚨 We are also increasing flexibility related to the prevented planting “1 in 4” requirement, a… 07:35PM - 1 Dec 2021
- Looking for something? The AskUSDA tool makes it easy to find information all across our organization in one place!… https://t.co/MwRwTSesx5 04:11PM - 1 Dec 2021
- RT @FarmersGov: With #NoTillNovember winding down, you don’t have to pick the plow up. Use these 5 tips to build healthier soils every mont… 05:15AM - 1 Dec 2021