The deadline for the Margin Protection Program for dairy has been extended to Dec. 19. The program protects participating dairy producers when the margin — the difference between the price of milk and feed costs — falls below levels of protection selected by the applicant. “The 2014 Farm Bill created these safety-net programs to provide safeguards against the uncertainty of weather and markets, but this safety net is not automatic. You must visit your Farm Service Agency office to enroll before Dec. 19.” Producers can use an online Web resource to calculate the best levels of coverage for their dairy operation. They can type in specific operation data and explore price projections and market scenarios to determine what level of coverage is best for them. Learn more or use the Web resource to calculate the best levels of coverage.
Get Email Updates
- Farmers looking for a farm loan can use the Farm Loan Discovery Tool to find loans that best fit their operation.… https://t.co/iYIPJK9BB8 08:37PM - 3 Dec 2021
- RT @FarmersGov: Next week @USDA will begin issuing final payments to loggers and log trucking businesses through the Pandemic Assistance fo… 06:26PM - 2 Dec 2021
- What’s happening in your neck of the woods? Find information on farm loan programs for your region by visiting your… https://t.co/XVs85TVTP5 05:29PM - 2 Dec 2021
- RT @usdaRMA: 🚨This provision is now PERMANENT🚨 We are also increasing flexibility related to the prevented planting “1 in 4” requirement, a… 07:35PM - 1 Dec 2021
- Looking for something? The AskUSDA tool makes it easy to find information all across our organization in one place!… https://t.co/MwRwTSesx5 04:11PM - 1 Dec 2021