A man has been sentenced to one year in prison and ordered to pay $163,000 for selling cattle, hay and other equipment pledged as collateral for several loans from the Farm Service Agency. Patrick Charles Thomas, 55, pleaded guilty to unlawful conversion of property. Thomas sold the collateral property without consulting FSA and without using the money to repay the loan. Read more (Associated Press).
Get Email Updates
- Farmers looking for a farm loan can use the Farm Loan Discovery Tool to find loans that best fit their operation.… https://t.co/Ifcj33zcxM 05:29PM - 7 Dec 2022
- RT @USDA: Registration is now open for the 99th annual Agricultural Outlook Forum, USDA’s largest and premier annual event. The two-day eve… 10:35PM - 6 Dec 2022
- RT @FarmersGov: With 2023 just a calendar page away, have you considered which #ConservationResolutions to adopt in the new year? For the n… 08:10PM - 6 Dec 2022
- Find information about specific disasters and emergencies, how to prepare, recover, and help build long-term resili… https://t.co/MjhyHXWlCl 05:45PM - 6 Dec 2022
- We're supporting America's next generation of farmers and ranchers through our “Beginning Farmer” direct and guaran… https://t.co/RE91XWjfyx 03:43PM - 5 Dec 2022